A delicious dinner recipe- a pasta dish filled with all kinds of goodies: Winter Pasta
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound fresh linguine noodles
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 6 slices cooked, drained and chopped bacon
- One 14-ounce can drained and sliced artichoke hearts
- 1 large can olives, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken in skillet with 1 tablespoon oil and oregano. Brown until cooked. Drain, remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, sauté mushrooms with butter, white wine and garlic powder. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and add 1 teaspoon olive oil in the water to keep noodles from sticking together. Drain pasta and place in serving bowl.
- Pour remaining oil and feta over pasta and toss until well-coated. Add remaining ingredients to pasta and toss well.
- Serve with ground pepper.
- Try substituting 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage for the chicken.