Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup

Yield: 10 servings (serving size 1 cup)

Prep Time: 20 min

Cook Time: 50 min

Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup

Absolutely my favorite chicken soup recipe, ever.

2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups diced leftover roasted chicken
1 cup evaporated milk
4 ounces (2 cups) uncooked wide egg noodles
fresh thyme (optional)

Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic clove; sauté 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning over vegetables, and cook 1 minute. Stir in broth and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes. Add roasted chicken, milk and noodles, and cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.

Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 168
Fat per serving: 5g
Saturated Fat per serving: 2g
Sugar per serving: 4g
Fiber per serving: 2g
Protein per serving: 12.5g
Cholesterol per serving: 39mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 17g

WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 4 Old Points Program: 4

Source: (via Cooking Light)

16 Responses to “Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup”

1. postedNov 3, 2013 4:37 PM
    Joyce Exley

This is the best chicken noodle soup I have had. I already made a batch last week but ate the rest of it today so went to the store and I am making another batch now. I did and extra everything though and a couple spices that I thought would be good in it. DELICIOUS

• November 7th, 2013 @ 8:32 AM

I’m glad you liked it so much. It’s our favorite!

2. postedNov 9, 2013 6:12 PM

Sounds delicious! Do you used regular evaporated or non-fat…or does it matter?

3. postedNov 10, 2013 4:42 PM
    Elaine Broderick

Sounds so good and easy to prepare. Do I have to use evaporated milk or can I use regular/skim/or 2%milk? Thanks for sharing your recipes with the public!

• November 11th, 2013 @ 4:50 PM

I haven’t tried using regular milk… but it might be okay. Evaporated milk will make it slightly creamy.

4. postedNov 18, 2013 11:41 AM

do we have to use evaporated milk, or can we leave it out?

• November 20th, 2013 @ 10:53 AM

The evaporated milk is sort of what makes this recipe special. It gives it a slight creaminess that other chicken noodle soups do not have.

5. postedFeb 15, 2014 5:24 PM

This soup had an unexpected affect on me. I have never made a chicken noodle soup with so much flour and not made it into a chowder. The evaporated milk was a surprise. Another surprise? With the help of a little bit of rosemary because I had it and it was fresh, it tasted almost EXACTLY like a dish my grandmother used to make (she’s been gone 4 years), only in soup form. She used to make this creamy white chicken over egg noodles. I flashed back and was brought to happy tears because I didn’t expect it. The recipes are very different. Anyway, thank you for the happy reminiscing!

• February 16th, 2014 @ 5:52 PM

What a lovely story- thank you for sharing that!

6. postedFeb 15, 2014 11:36 PM

This reminds me of home and my mother…. this resembles a filipino staple soup calles Sopas (except that we use Elbow macaroni)… reminds of those cold stormy morning…. everybody is home and mother is cooking this to warm pur stomach… thanks for sharing…

7. postedMar 29, 2014 3:04 PM

Yum. There’s nothing like homemade chicken noodle on a gray rainy day…

8. postedSep 12, 2014 5:10 PM

Every single person in my family LOVED this soup! And that is saying a lot!!! Thanks for sharing it!

9. postedFeb 5, 2015 6:50 PM

Damn delicious! I made this for my husband who loves chicken noodle soup in the can. I can’t eat that plus the sodium content is very high. His recent blood test showed an elevated blood pressure so I told him I’ll find a chicken noodle soup recipe that’s healthier than the canned one. Not only did he liked it but I did as well! Thank you for all your damn delicious recipes.

10. postedFeb 16, 2015 3:38 PM
    Carol T

This recipe is one of the best tasting that I have made. It was fairly easy to make.My husband asked right after the first bite if it was a new recipe, then commented on how good it is. Thank you for sharing!

11. postedSep 9, 2015 5:51 PM

Just tried this tonight and I think it really is the best chicken noodle soup I’ve had. It has great flavor. My daugher and I both liked the creamy broth. Thanks for a keeper recipe.

• September 14th, 2015 @ 5:15 AM

It is our favorite as well!