Yield: 5 dozen cookies (depending on size of cutters)
Prep Time: 30 min + chill time
Cook Time: 8 min
Vanilla Cut- Out Cookies
This recipe turns out lovely vanilla tasting cookie.
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup salted butter (no substitutes)
1 cup granulated white sugar
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla. Cool for 5 minutes. Add egg; mix well.
3. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir until combined. Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Chill at least 2 hours. (If the dough chills overnight, let it stand for 5 - 10 minutes at room temperature before rolling).
4. Roll each portion on a lightly floured surface until 1/8-inch-thick. Cut into desired shapes with floured cookie cutters or a sharp knife. Place cutouts 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in a 375° oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
Triple Chocolate- Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Next Post »
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies