YANKEE CRANBERRY UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE
6 Tbs butter, softened (divided)
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1¼ cups flour
1½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 2 T. of the butter and pour it into a 9-inch springform pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cranberries and brown sugar, then scatter the mixture atop the butter. Sprinkle on the pecans.
3. Beat remaining 4 T. butter and sugar at medium speed in a medium mixing bowl until well blended. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir well. Beat a third of the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, followed by half of the buttermilk. Continue alternating in this way until you’ve beaten in the last of the dry ingredients. Spoon the batter evenly over the cranberries.
5. Bake the cake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then invert the cake onto a serving platter and remove the pan.
Recipe Source: Family Fun
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]