Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts)
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Paper Bag Pear Pie
One 9-inch unbaked pie crust
4 to 5 cups pears, peeled and sliced
1 large lemon, juiced
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
8 tablespoons salted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread unbaked pie crust into pie pan and crimp edges.
2. In a medium bowl, drizzle lemon juice over sliced pears. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and nutmeg. Sprinkle over pears to coat. Pour pears into unbaked pie crust.
4. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to cream topping ingredients together. Spread over the pear mixture.
5. Insert the pie pan nto a brown paper bag. Fold the edge and fasten securely to create a sealed environment. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
6. Remove bag and let pie cool on the counter.