Super easy dessert to throw together: Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
This easy ice cream pie recipe has a gingersnap crust and a spiced pumpkin ice cream filling. It’s a good way to eat pumpkin in the summer! And it’s perfectly okay to make this as a fall dessert too.
It’s ice cream- themed pumpkin pie! You’ll love this delicious dessert, and it’s super quick to make.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup ground gingersnaps (about 10 gingersnaps)
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart French Vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- To prepare the crust: Combine the pecans, crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, brown sugar, salt and spices with electric mixer for several minutes. Stir in the softened ice cream. Pour into the crust- even out the top; freeze overnight.
- Remove the pie from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use GF Gingersnaps, and use a brand of vanilla ice cream that is known to be GF
- To get finely ground crust ingredients, a food processor works best.