I must say… I’m in love with these Cinnamon Pumpkin Bars! These bars are tender and wonderful. They’re kind of like pumpkin blondie. And they have cinnamon chips baked into them too.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Bars:
These are the most delicious pumpkin bars with cinnamon flavor throughout. Bake these for a fall party, and you’ll see everyone scrambling to eat the last one! You might also like to try my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Bars, No Bake Pumpkin Shortbread Bars or these Pumpkin Magic Bars.
Where can you find Cinnamon Chips?
This recipe calls for using cinnamon chips. Cinnamon chips are just like chocolate chips, but they’re made from cinnamon flavor instead of chocolate. Look for them near the chocolate chips in your market’s baking aisle. I’ve seen them most often at Walmart. Otherwise, you can order cinnamon chips on Amazon.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Bars
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1⅓ cups packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (plus a few more to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x9-inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan set over low heat, then add sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the microwave (or heat) briefly, until it's hot and starting to bubble. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and allow it to cool until you can comfortably test it with your finger.
- Use an electric mixer to beat in the vanilla, baking powder, salt and spices. Add the egg, beating until smooth and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl. Stir in the pumpkin, flours and chips- mixing thoroughly. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bars until a sharp knife inserted into the center reveals moist crumbs, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- *You can sometimes find cinnamon chips shelved near the chocolate chips in your grocery store (made by Hersheys). I've seen them at Walmart more than other places. Otherwise, try ordering them on Amazon.