Sharing My Addiction: Candy Cane Kisses

I love these things. I mean truly love these. They’re addicting, and they shouldn’t be purchased unless you plan to share… or bake cookies:  Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

I’m being featured on Babble.com’s The Family Kitchen today- with my Candy Cane Kiss Cookies. Check it out!

These Candy Cane Kisses can be found during the fall/winter holidays at Target or drug stores and some grocery stores too. They’re amazing little treats. And I love them. Have I mentioned that?

These delightful little cookies have some of those Candy Cane Kisses chopped up and incorporated into the cookie itself.

The pepperminty cookie dough is rolled into balls and then tossed in a little bit of granulated sugar.

And the baked cookies are topped with a Candy Cane Kiss. So pretty for the holidays.

These are good make-ahead cookies. They freeze well… so you can take them out for cookie platters when you’re ready for plating, or just take them out of the freezer and chow-down on Christmas treats when the mood happens to strike.

My son thinks that these are a good one to leave out for Santa, along with a glass of milk and a carrot for Rudolph… though I’m fairly certain my 9-year-old isn’t truly believing in any of that stuff any more :(

In any case, you must find these specialty Kisses and try them… and then try tucking them into some holiday cookies too.

This recipe can be found here:  Candy Cane Kiss Cookies.

39 Responses to “Sharing My Addiction: Candy Cane Kisses”

Lora — December 8, 2010 @ 3:02 AM

These are darling. And so festive!

Estela @ Weekly Bite — December 8, 2010 @ 3:17 AM

I haven’t purchased any candy cane kisses this year for that exact reason. If I buy them, I will eat them :) and eat them :)

I do have a neighborhood Christmas party this week. Maybe that’ll be excuse to buy these and make your cookies :)

Jessica @ How Sweet — December 8, 2010 @ 3:34 AM

Love these too Lori! They are so adorable. And I love how you chopped them up and put them IN the cookie. Super creative!

Blog is the New Blac — December 8, 2010 @ 4:50 AM

OMG, me too! I made bon bons with them that I will be posting tonight… incredible!

Lauren at KeepItSwee — December 8, 2010 @ 4:57 AM

i’ve never had these kisses! probably because i am always afraid they will taste too much like white chocolate. your cookies look adorable!!

Barbara Bakes — December 8, 2010 @ 5:39 AM

I was kind of leery about trying these Kisses, but now I’m going to have to hunt them down. So fun.

Cheryl — December 8, 2010 @ 5:55 AM

I don’t think I’ve seen this type of kiss before – time to stock up! What a neat cookie idea!

whatmegansmaking — December 8, 2010 @ 6:15 AM

I love those candy cane kisses! I pair them with chocolate cookies though. Headed to the store to buy some today actually!

Maris (In Good Taste — December 8, 2010 @ 7:11 AM

Yum! I love these too. The chocolate-filled-with-caramel kisses are also good – but addictive!

Heather — December 8, 2010 @ 7:19 AM

these are so adorable…and i love those kisses too! can’t buy them that often though or else i’ll have a stomachache shortly after :)

Lael Hazan — December 8, 2010 @ 7:24 AM

Gorgeous! I’m gaining weight just looking at those wonderful photos!

nancy@skinnykitchen — December 8, 2010 @ 7:46 AM

Adorable looking cookies!

Christy — December 8, 2010 @ 8:14 AM

My hubby and I LOVE these too. We buy a bag just about every time we go to Target, we just can’t stop ourselves.

Mrs Mix It — December 8, 2010 @ 8:16 AM

These look yummy!

Amy@whatjewwannaeat — December 8, 2010 @ 9:05 AM

Such a fun twist on the classic kiss cookies! I may try it with a chocolate cookie base for kicks.

Alexandra — December 8, 2010 @ 9:32 AM

Lori, how well do cookies like this freeze? I imagine it’d be okay – just cookie and chocolate… want to make something similar (but chocolate cookie dough, and with cookies and cream Kisses) for a work party next week, but want to get them baked on the weekend…

• Lori Lange replied: — December 8th, 2010 @ 9:45 AM

@Alexandra, Read above… I talked about freezing them in the post :)

• Alexandra replied: — December 9th, 2010 @ 3:54 AM

@Lori Lange, oops, apparently I missed that whole little paragraph! Thanks!!

Michelle — December 8, 2010 @ 11:35 AM

So festive! I keep seeing those kisses but haven’t tried them yet. I’m adding them to my grocery list.

Aussiemuminthekitche — December 8, 2010 @ 12:45 PM

These are my absolute fave…I try and buy enough when you can get them to last me all year…this however is VERY DANGEROUS. Must try these cookies. They are so pretty!

Heather — December 8, 2010 @ 1:32 PM

These are adorable Lori and so pretty. I will have to keep an eye out for the candy cane kisses when I’m at Target this weekend. My girls would love these.

Cookin' Canuck — December 9, 2010 @ 5:23 AM

These are perfect for the holidays. I love that you chopped up some of the kisses and incorporated them into the dough.

Kirby — December 9, 2010 @ 5:47 AM

Ohh so addicting, I sat down with these little suckers last night and ate half the bag while wrapping presents!

Liz — December 9, 2010 @ 6:52 AM

Yum!! I can’t get enough of peppermint lately. These are adorable. I might take it up another notch by rolling them in red sugar!

Marisha — December 9, 2010 @ 5:30 PM

OMG. These kisses are my annual addiction!! I buy them and freeze them because I’m that crazy. Thanks for the cookie recipe – just one more way to love love love them!!

Tany — December 10, 2010 @ 1:03 PM

I made these yesterday and my kids loved them. They turned out so well I used them for a cookie exchange. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Kate@ Stolen Moments — December 10, 2010 @ 8:58 PM

I can’t believe I haven’t tried those kisses yet. I love regular kisses and candy canes, so I can only imagine how good the combination is. I must go find a bag this weekend!

Plus, I love the idea of combining them with a peppermint cookie dough. Peppermint snowballs are one of our favorite cookies every Christmas. I’d love to incorporate this idea this year and switch things up a bit.

kelly — December 11, 2010 @ 4:23 PM

I swear I am so out of touch with things some times. I’ve never seen those striped kisses before. They look great on those yummy cookies. Happy Holidays to you, Lori!

Leslie Green — December 11, 2010 @ 5:54 PM

Um..yum. I cant even buy those kisses…too dangerous to have in the house. I would seriously eat them all!

Sarah, MaisonCupcake — December 12, 2010 @ 10:23 AM

Ah Lori, it’s no lie, I whenever I see a candy cane I think of you! Along with pumpkin it’s one of those ingredients I identify with you… you always have such wonderful stuff at this time of year.

Sarah — December 13, 2010 @ 5:38 AM

These are the most amazing holiday cookies I’ve ever made! My husband ate so many I have to make a second batch for our friends!

Melanie — December 13, 2010 @ 11:31 AM

Made these yesterday and they are so good! I had Wilton’s red, green and white sugar sprinkles so I mixed that in with the sugar I rolled the cookies in before baking – came out super cute! Thank you for the recipe, I would never have bought the Peppermint Kisses without it!

Leslie — December 16, 2010 @ 8:18 AM

Yum!!! Do you think adding cocoa to the dough would work? I have an unhealthy love for chocolate and peppermint together! :p

CJ — December 16, 2010 @ 4:38 PM

Ohhh, these look good! I’m printing the recipe right now. I tracked down a bag of these Kisses at WM last week and I’ve been saving them. I hope one bag does it, that is all I got. :S They were hard to find too! No Target or CVS here.
    THANK YOU and Merry Christmas. :D

Leah — December 2, 2011 @ 10:50 AM

Super cute and yummy cookies! Just a tip- I doubled the recipe and had send my husband out to the store for more kisses (2 bags was not enough). He couldn’t find the candy cane variety, so he bought the aero kisses. And they are really good, too! The dough was super crumbly, I ended up just using my hands in the dough. They baked perfectly for me at just about 13 minutes. I will definitely make these cuties again! Thanks for the recipe!!

Allegra B. — January 13, 2013 @ 7:08 PM

I love Hershey’s Candycane kisses too!