posted in Breakfast & Brunch

Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes

We’re a banana-pancake kind of family. Rarely does a regular-old pancake grace a plate in the RecipeGirl house. Bananas are pretty much always sliced up and cooked right on in there with the batter. It’s the way we do our pancakes around here, plain and simple. I was feeling a little wild and crazy last weekend though, and surprised my husband with a new kind of pancake- one where bananas were nowhere to be found: Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes.

These pancakes were stuffed with corn, crumbled bacon, onions, chives and Monterey Jack cheese. My husband eyed me suspiciously as I was preparing this deeply unusual breakfast treat. I told him to go back to reading the Sunday paper and pour himself a cup of coffee.

The truth was… I wasn’t exactly how these would go over either. The batter was thick, and it produced sturdy, yet fluffy little cakes that were perfect for stacking.

As a true bacon lover does, I saved some extra crispy bacon to serve on top.

And then I covered it all with a massive downpour of warm maple syrup.

And then… we sampled.  Wow.  These were really different.  And by different, I mean they were really very good.  They didn’t taste quite the same as pancakes, since there was a savory element to it all.  So I thought it would be more appropriate to call them “griddle cakes.”  The cakes had a fluffy interior, and those chunks of bacon and corn and melted cheese combined with the maple syrup was a surprisingly lovely treat.  It’s the sort of recipe that I’d be delighted to see on a breakfast menu at a restaurant, since I’m always up for trying new things.  And the bacon… yep, bacon is a must.  Make extra and be generous with it, because a little bit of bacon (or a lot) always makes everything taste incredible as far as I’m concerned. #BaconLoversUnite

So what do you think… are you up for sampling some Griddle Cakes?

Yield: Eight 4-inch griddle cakes

Prep Time: 25 min

Cook Time: 25 min

Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes

These unique pancakes are stuffed with bacon, corn and cheese. A good dose of warm maple syrup makes them a delicious choice for breakfast.

8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2/3 cup milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1 cup frozen, canned or fresh corn
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
warm maple syrup, for serving

1. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon pieces until they begin to brown. Add the onion and continue to cook until the bacon is crisp and the onion is softened. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of the bacon mixture for topping the griddle cakes upon serving- and set it aside.

2. While the bacon is cooking, combine the flour, chives, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the milk, egg and oil, just until moistened. Stir in the bacon mixture, corn and cheese. The mixture will be thick. If you'd like the griddle cakes to be slightly thinner than those pictured, add a little more milk to thin out the batter.

3. Heat and grease a griddle or large skillet. Pour a heaping 1/4-cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until it is golden brown- 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining batter.

4. Serve stacks of griddle cakes topped with a sprinkle of the reserved bacon/onion and a good dose of warm maple syrup.

154 Responses to “Bacon and Corn Griddle Cakes”

1. postedFeb 16, 2012 3:42 AM

Wow, these look incredibly amazing!

2. postedFeb 16, 2012 4:50 AM

I love that these are doused in maple syrup! It’s that savory-sweet combo that I love :-) Plus, there’s BACON, so how can it not be fabulous?!!

3. postedFeb 16, 2012 5:46 AM

I agree, love seeing new stuff like this on a menu-these look awesome Lori!

4. postedFeb 16, 2012 6:25 AM

Wow, mouth watering. This looks beautifully delicious girl! xoxo

5. postedFeb 16, 2012 6:32 AM

Sweet Mother of God – I am so making these.

6. postedFeb 16, 2012 6:32 AM

Josh would love this meal for breakfast!

7. postedFeb 16, 2012 6:54 AM

These look so good! My sister makes “corn fritters-using cream of corn” and I never have made them. BUT this looks so good…definitely going to try this recipe.

8. postedFeb 16, 2012 7:32 AM

LOOOOOOOORI! Iamdying. DYING. This is amazing. Seriously, I’m freaking.

9. postedFeb 16, 2012 7:39 AM

I’m glad that my husband isn’t the only one to give me the “look” when I’m trying something different. Does he also inspect it thoroughly before taking that first bite?? These look delicious (hello, can ANYTHING with bacon NOT be delicious?) Want to try these!

10. postedFeb 16, 2012 7:40 AM

These look SO good! I love including whole corn in cornmeal-based recipes, really delicious. Plus, you can never go wrong with adding bacon! :)

11. postedFeb 16, 2012 8:02 AM

I grew up hating bacon…I know, lots of people think that’s crazy. But the only way I would eat it would be to drench it in syrup from my pancakes :) These look awesome b/c I love how much syrup is in the middle…that’s just how I like my pancakes!

12. postedFeb 16, 2012 8:06 AM

These look perfectly divine and sinful – I love all the different flavors and textures going on here!

13. postedFeb 16, 2012 8:25 AM

I don’t even know where to begin with what I love about these cakes. I think they are absolutely perfect! And the pictures are amazing, Lori!

14. postedFeb 16, 2012 8:42 AM

Dang woman you spelled Korn wrong. (lol) Thanks Lori I’ll have to try these cakes. I remember having something like this a long time ago with some friends out west be they called them Country Kern cakes. They used chopped ham/bacon, diced celery, vidalia onion, chives, green & red peppers, corn, diced tomato, self rising flour and several soft cheeses. Also threw in some hot sauce with the egg for extra heat. I believe she also used bacon grease to add some flavor. They made them about the size of a saucer plate and slapped on a fried egg on top with some cheese then soaked everything with syrup. I think she made her own syrup as well. I’ve seen this down with hash browns as well only thing missing was pepperoni.

15. postedFeb 16, 2012 9:05 AM

They look delicious! I cannot wait to try!

16. postedFeb 16, 2012 9:36 AM

pancake is the most common breakfast for weekends and this my friend looks like something I will try next weekend.

17. postedFeb 16, 2012 9:57 AM

pass me a plateful they look wonderful!!!! Seriously keys are in my hand it won’t take me long to find you with those waiting for me :)

18. postedFeb 16, 2012 10:20 AM

These sound really unusual. I’m thinking they’d be good to try for an evening meal. Maybe this Sunday! Thanks for the recipe. :)

19. postedFeb 16, 2012 10:36 AM

YES. I have a savory obsession to rival your sweet tooth – I usually can’t eat pancakes unless there’s a salty piece of bacon or sausage to spear alongside – so these are the glorious perfect combination of all breakfast.

20. postedFeb 16, 2012 11:25 AM

Um, yes please! My husband is going to love this!!

21. postedFeb 16, 2012 11:31 AM

They are almost like little omlet pancakes with all that stuff mixed in! Sounds like a great change.

22. postedFeb 16, 2012 12:19 PM

Yes, I am up for sampling these any day! Bacon, Cheese, Corn, Chives and syrup – WOW!!!

23. postedFeb 16, 2012 1:16 PM

I’m not a fan of plain pancakes.I always prefer pancakes with add-ins, whether it be blueberries, strawberries, or nuts. So this just looks amazing to me! I love corn, I love onions, and I love bacon…so I think it’s safe to say that these are my kind of pancakes! I’ll be making these soon! Thanks!

24. postedFeb 16, 2012 2:04 PM
    Maria in NJ

OK I want these right now…but then i will have to go walk another 1 (in the rain)…they look wonderful…

Lori you never cease to amaze me…

25. postedFeb 16, 2012 5:14 PM

I’m not much of a breakfast eater, but….i think i would love these! :)

26. postedFeb 16, 2012 6:53 PM

I would love these griddle cakes! I think bacon dipped in syrup is already amazing. So makes perfect sense to add bacon to pancake batter!!

27. postedFeb 16, 2012 7:42 PM

These look AMAZING!! Very excited about trying them!

28. postedFeb 16, 2012 9:45 PM

These babies are all over Pinterest so had to come and take a look. Crazy good!

29. postedFeb 17, 2012 5:21 AM

Just made these this morning but I left out the corn :/

I topped mine with a sprinkle of cheese and some greek yoghurt to keep it completely savory. I DEF. will be making these again soon!! Thanks so much!!

p.s. – does anyone know how many calories are in these? :)

• February 17th, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

I didn’t figure out the calories for this one!

30. postedFeb 17, 2012 5:53 AM
    Marianne Hertel

These griddle cakes look absolutely delicious!! :) I can’t wait to make them for my husband!! Thank you!!

31. postedFeb 17, 2012 7:06 AM

I ran across this recipe on Pinterest and had to give it a shot. I didn’t have chives and I suspect they really ramp it up quite a bit, but they turned out great despite that. I used half habenero jack cheese and half cheddar, because it’s what I had. I also added flax meal because I sneak it into almost everything I make. :) It made it thicker so I had to use extra milk, but they turned out great! Will definitely make these again. Thanks!

32. postedFeb 17, 2012 7:08 AM

Oh, this is a great meal for Hubby, when you say something like” Here’s some bacon corn griddle cakes, take a bite, oh and I scratched the car”. he he! I’m using your recipe to get out of trouble! No way could he be mad anfter your griddle cakes. he he

33. postedFeb 17, 2012 7:36 AM

Fantastic recipe, I will make for pancake day in England (Tuesday) with agave syrup

34. postedFeb 17, 2012 7:51 AM

I need these in my life NOW! They look amazing!

35. postedFeb 17, 2012 8:36 AM

How many servings??

• February 17th, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

Servings indicated within the recipe: Eight 4-inch cakes.

36. postedFeb 17, 2012 8:53 AM

I know I would love these and I think that may be the most gorgeous stack of pancakes that I’ve ever seen!

37. postedFeb 17, 2012 8:59 AM
    Sheila Durham

This looks great! I just emailed it to my husand who does Saturday morning breakfast at our house. Hope he got the hint! fabulous recipe can’t wait to try them

38. postedFeb 17, 2012 9:03 AM

I just made a vegetarian version of these using Morningstar maple “sausage” instead of bacon. I crumbled the sausage and sauteed it with the onions in a bit of butter. They were SO good, thank you for the recipe!

39. postedFeb 17, 2012 9:15 AM

Very interesting! It could almost be a lunch or dinner as well. I’ll become a member of #baconloversunite!!!

40. postedFeb 17, 2012 9:19 AM

You are a pancake connoisseur!! And I can only spell that word because I have spell check.

They look amazing, Lori!! I want to come for breakfast at YOUR house!!

• February 20th, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

omg, I just tried to spell that word today… and I couldn’t figure it out without the computer’s help, lol!

41. postedFeb 17, 2012 10:18 AM

They look fab! It’s pancake day, here in England on Tuesday, think I try these

42. postedFeb 17, 2012 3:40 PM

These sound wonderful – I think I would probably make these for lunch or supper. Everything but the kitchen sink, stick to your ribs kind of meal. You could serve them with Fresh Asparagus, Green beans or Carrots. Thanks for the recipe!

43. postedFeb 17, 2012 6:02 PM

I luv having “breakfast for dinner” and these are perfect! Can’t wait to cook up a batch.

44. postedFeb 18, 2012 2:15 AM

These griddle cakes sound absolutely amazing. Just perfect for a weekend breakfast! I bet the maple syrup worked perfectly with them, too.

45. postedFeb 18, 2012 7:28 AM

Lori, these look amazing! Will be trying them for dinner very soon!

46. postedFeb 18, 2012 8:57 AM
    April M.

Can’t wait to try this recipe, do you think it would be just as good with turkey bacon????

• February 19th, 2012 @ 7:51 PM

Sure- if you enjoy turkey bacon!

47. postedFeb 18, 2012 10:43 AM
    Sheila Durham

Totally addictive! My husband made these for me this morning and they are so very good. Can’t wait to make them again, think I will put the fried egg on top with corn/pineapple salsa…so many great recipes! Thank you…!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. postedFeb 18, 2012 1:13 PM

These corn cakes look so good!

49. postedFeb 18, 2012 3:38 PM

i usually prefer my pancakes sweet and syrup-laden, but these are gorgeous! i love the hunks of corn and bacon and cheese and chives! nice one, lori. :)

50. postedFeb 18, 2012 5:06 PM

sunday dinner: these + bbq ribs. amiright?

51. postedFeb 19, 2012 6:11 PM

Made these this morning – To. DIE. For!!! So yummy, I wish we could eat them every day!!!

52. postedFeb 19, 2012 7:08 PM

Wow – very reminiscent of okonomiyaki ( ), which is one of my favourite foods. Going to try mixing and matching the two sometime and see what combinations I can make!

53. postedFeb 19, 2012 8:42 PM

You make me want to become a carnivore again. 😉

54. postedFeb 19, 2012 9:57 PM

I’ve been having pancakes on my mind this morning for some reason and then I see these absolutely gorgeous ones that seriously make me drool. I guess it’s a sign! I have to make pancakes!!

55. postedFeb 20, 2012 2:14 PM

Now these look DIVINE! I am so much more of a salty sweet over sweets gal, and I think I just must try these! Thank you for sharing them…and what yummy pictures too! :)

56. postedFeb 20, 2012 4:20 PM

These were DELICIOUS! I made them tonite for dinner – hubby gobbled up 5 of them!!! You’d never know just HOW MUCH he eats – he’s soooo skinny. I barely was able to eat 2 of them. But…sooo good!!

57. postedFeb 21, 2012 10:45 AM

Perfect choice for Shrove Tuesday tonight!

58. postedFeb 21, 2012 11:13 AM

As soon as I saw the picture my mouth started to water and I had a desperate desire to head home and start cooking. Alas, I have 2 hours before I can leave work without using the “but I have to start cooking bacon and corn griddle cakes!”, a perfectly reasonable excuse for many but my boss may not agree.

59. postedFeb 21, 2012 5:05 PM

I made these tonight and we all loved them. I even stuffed in 3 which is unusual for me. I doubled the recipe, used a 1/3-cup scoop and it made about 12 pancakes. The only ingredient I did not double was the bacon because I was using thick-sliced and it did seem like plenty.

As for nutrition information, I just ran it through Mastercook. Although I got 12 pancakes for a double batch, I calculated it according to your serving size of 8 per batch – so per 1 pancake in a batch of 8 I got: 170 Calories; 8g Fat (41.8% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 353mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

60. postedFeb 21, 2012 6:48 PM

I made these for dinner tonight … They were nothing short of AMAZING! The perfect Breakfast for Dinner meal!

61. postedFeb 23, 2012 8:31 AM

I will make this for my breakfast tomorrow! Lokks so yummy :)

62. postedFeb 23, 2012 8:33 AM

I can’t wait for the weekend to try these! My grandchildren and I are also banana pancake lovers…..actually, we like to experiment…..cherry pie filling….apple pie filling….even blueberry pie filling! But our favorite is fresh banana! Although I haven’t been able to convince them that peanut butter in their pancakes is yummy! So thanks for the recipe & bacon rules!

63. postedFeb 23, 2012 8:33 AM

I will make with greenpeas, and chicken!

64. postedFeb 23, 2012 9:08 AM

These were absolutely delicious. I made these for my family on Tuesday night. On Wednesday night, my mother and I made them again, except we put them in mini muffin tins. They were delicious!

65. postedFeb 23, 2012 5:53 PM

WOW! I just made these, and can I just say yum! They are amazing. I followed the recipe almost exactly I just didn’t use chives since I didn’t have any and I used buttermilk instead since I had some that I needed to use up. Will def be making again. Thanks :)

66. postedFeb 25, 2012 7:42 AM
    Tommy WinBear

I made these this morning. I enjoyed them, they had a great flavor profile. They were a little dense. I’d like to try to get the batter closer to a tamale or cornbread though with some corn meal. I was thinking they’d stand up to a salsa instead of syrup then.

67. postedFeb 28, 2012 10:17 AM

I’m game for any new recipes! I make breakfast burritos and such for my hubby to take with him when he leaves for work. My recent breakfast has been eggs with green pepper and onion cooked in the muffin tins. In the morning I pull out one of the egg patties I’ve cooked previously, cook up a sausage patty and place both with a slice of cheese on an “Everything” bagel thin. I saw this recipe and decided to try something a bit different for hubby’s breakfast. I just made a batch of these griddle cakes. I added a bit more milk, a squirt of maple syrup and I forgot the cheese (quite by accident). I made up a batch of plain egg patties, now I’m about to assemble everything into a new breakfast sandwich; two griddle cakes with an egg patty, sausage patty, and slice of cheese between them. Will wrap them in parchment paper, then foil and place in the fridge. In the morning I’ll pop one into the oven to heat while hubby gets ready for work. Can’t wait until his first bite! I tried a bite of the griddle cake as I have already had breakfast this morning prior to cooking up this recipe…the griddle cake is divine!

68. postedMar 1, 2012 9:01 AM

One look is al it took! I called my friend into my office and we decided that we would HAVE to find an excuse to get together to make these because they look too good to keep to ourselves. I’m going to be obsessed with the thought of these until I can make them. Thank you! You have done it again!

69. postedMar 2, 2012 11:58 AM

I made these today and they were a hit although I couldn’t bring myself to dump all of that bacon grease in the batter. I used it to cook the pancakes but really–do you just pour all that grease in the batter after frying; or do you drain it first?

• March 2nd, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

You don’t need to put any bacon grease in the pancakes. Just scoop the bacon/onion out with a slotted spoon, or put it on paper towels to drain if you’d like. I used center-cut bacon, so I think the bacon fat left in my pan was very minimal.

70. postedMar 3, 2012 7:16 AM

Looks delicious! I will definitely have to try this recipe :)

71. postedMar 3, 2012 5:19 PM

These look great! I especially like how they’re not “wimpy” and have lots of substance. :)

72. postedMar 4, 2012 5:41 PM

Fabulous! Made these this morning. Next time I will make the bacon and onion separately to avoid burning the onion. Thanks for posting the recipe.

73. postedMar 4, 2012 7:37 PM

Oh my word!!! These look nothing short of divine! Pinning right away!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

74. postedMar 6, 2012 8:12 AM
    Donna Olander

Myyyyy goodness this looks like a fabulous variation of what is the typical favorite pancake recipe in our house. In the same way that you usually only have banana pancakes, I grew up on corn pancakes. Pancakes without corn in them just don’t quite measure up to those that do. We don’t put anything but the corn in them (no cheese, chives, onions, pepper)…just unadulterated corn in a very generous amount. These can only be eaten with real butter & real maple syrup…& of course with a side of thick bacon. So they’re more of a sweet…like a corn fritter with syrup or confectioners sugar. It’s that salty & sweet combo that I love. This is my absolute #1 favorite breakfast, but I do believe I’d like to deviate & try your variation. Thanks for the inspiration.

75. postedMar 6, 2012 2:02 PM
    Mariette Visser

O wow! These look devine! I’m from South Africa and when I spotted the name, I was expecting something else (to us pancakes are crepes and we call these little treasures Flap Jacks or Crumpets and in Afrikaans: Plaatkoekies or Flappertjies.) My favourite way of serving them: little bowls with fried onion, bacon, mushrooms, fried banana, grated cheese and maple syrup. And every one builds their own. But these are gloriously all in one! I am defenitly going to try this recipe! And as a mommy of 2 fussy boys, I love sneaking in some veggies every chance I get!

76. postedMar 7, 2012 7:21 AM

I’m wanting to try these, but is the cheese good in them? Doesn’t sound like a good combo…
    Any comments out there?

• March 7th, 2012 @ 12:05 PM

yes, good!

77. postedMar 8, 2012 2:57 PM

These look awesome! What heat setting would I use on the stovetop to cook the pancakes?

• March 8th, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

I’d start w/ medium and then perhaps adjust it to medium-low as needed.

78. postedMar 25, 2012 5:53 AM

I found your recipe on Pinterest and thought they looked interesting enough to try. OMG these were amazing I omitted the corn because my 11 year old was freaking about the bacon and I used white cheddar because that’s what I had on hand. I also added 2 sunny side up eggs in the middle. It was pure heaven! Thanks for posting!

79. postedMar 30, 2012 10:25 PM

Sounds like a winning combination. We’ll have to try it. Thanks for posting this recipe.
    Greetings from north of the Arctic Circle.

80. postedApr 14, 2012 1:29 PM

oh my!! I just made these. super super good! I didn’t have a clean non stick pan so I just used the pan I used to crisp up the bacon! oh yes!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. It is a hit on my Pinterest board!

81. postedApr 16, 2012 5:46 PM

Awesome recipe! Thank you!
    I didn’t have jack so used cheddar and they turned out very well!

82. postedMay 9, 2012 4:20 PM

These are going in my ever-growing pile of recipes to make! Can’t wait – they sound very similar to the fritters my mom used to make!

83. postedMay 18, 2012 11:55 AM

This should be illegal! Love this idea :)

84. postedMay 25, 2012 7:02 PM

These look fabulous for a snowy, cold week-end day. Who know, they are probably fabulous on any week-end day. Thanks for sharing.

85. postedJun 9, 2012 10:35 AM

Just made these this morning for a back deck brunch with friends – so, so delicious. We had a vegetarian amongst us, and it was really easy to adjust the batches to keep hers bacon-free. I used fresh corn (they’re in season and dirt cheap, so of course!), and grilled it in with the bacon and onion. Our guests said “OMG” after the first mouthful, and that’s always a good sign. Great recipe, and a keeper – thank you!

86. postedJun 19, 2012 3:55 PM

I made these for Father’s Day brunch, and they were a HUGE hit with my family! With some maple syrup, they were just the right balance of sweet and savory. I’ll be keeping this recipe! Thank you!

87. postedJun 23, 2012 7:03 AM

I made these for breakfast this morning and they were delicious! Added about 2 T cornmeal to the batter for a little extra texture. These would be great for a group.

88. postedJun 26, 2012 8:28 PM

OMG these look amaing! I cannot wait to make them weekend for breakfast. Thank you for sharing!

89. postedJun 29, 2012 11:01 AM

I just made these pancakes last night! They were so good! Perfect recipe for Breakfast for Dinner! :)

90. postedJul 13, 2012 11:34 AM

I adore bacon. These sound amazing!

91. postedJul 21, 2012 3:13 PM

thank you so much for sharing this recipe! made it as you wrote it for dinner tonight, and i’m going to be craving more for a while! wonder if they freeze well?! i’m thinking breakfast on the go :)

• July 22nd, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

I haven’t tried freezing them! Glad you enjoyed.

92. postedAug 16, 2012 7:14 PM
    Jennifer S.

These look great; can’t wait to try them! I was wondering if they freeze well? It seems like a great make-ahead, freeze, and reheat for hectic-school-morning breakfasts.

• August 17th, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

I’ve not tried freezing them yet.

93. postedAug 26, 2012 7:12 AM

I made these for breakfast and they were amazing! My husband loved them! Would make a great breakfast for dinner meal! Very quick and easy!

94. postedAug 31, 2012 8:31 AM

Just made these. Omg so good. Boyfriend-approved! And most importantly, Iris-approved 😛

95. postedOct 6, 2012 5:02 PM
    Donna L. Lewis

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Or I guess I should say oh your goodness. Made these
    today and they were FANTASTIC!!! I doubled the recipe (but only 1 1/2 tsps. pepper) and used what eggs (Ex Lg), milk (Non Fat) and Trader Joe’s fire-roasted frozen corn (thawed) that I had and actually got 16 cakes without thinning.
    My husband, daughter-in-law and I could only eat 2 each as they were so filling, in our opinion. But we all liked them a lot!! I like to try new things, especially when they seem unique as were these with the savory and sweet combo.
    Thank you so much for sharing!!! I will be making these again when overnight company comes. For now, I will just see if we want left-overs tomorrow, or freeze the remainder.

96. postedOct 17, 2012 10:40 PM

WOW. Looks so so good, but I’m pretty sure it’s unhealthy. Whatever, I’m gonna try making this!

97. postedOct 21, 2012 7:13 AM

been making these for years – they same recipe was in land o’ lakes cookbook from the 90s. there should be a credit for land o’ lakes on the site somewhere – they are good

• October 21st, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

didn’t get the recipe from Land O’ Lakes, but funny to learn that they had something similar!

98. postedOct 27, 2012 7:45 AM
    Nancy Kantz

Recipe Girl…you have successfully created a most delicious, unctuous and savory recipe. They were AWESOME! I will definitely make this again, but will double the recipe next time. And, I was amazed that they come out looking exactly like the picture!

99. postedOct 31, 2012 8:14 AM

Wow! I hopped on over from Pinterest to check out this tower of beauties. They look absolutely great! I would love to try them too one of these days. Thanks for the recipe!

100. postedNov 15, 2012 9:14 AM

I made this these morning and they were AWESOME. Then I blogged about how I made them gluten free and linked your recipe. :) Thanks!! So good!!