For margarita lovers who love beer equally as much! >> Beergaritas
I’ve had this recipe in my files for at least the last 7 years. Someone gave it to me long ago when I was in the heat being a mad recipe collector. I’ve taken a peek at it many times without much of a second thought. But I found myself thinking about this recipe recently. So I asked my husband to whip it up and let us sample some Beergaritas!
Just as it sounds, this cocktail is a blend of a margarita and beer. I know that sounds strange!!! But it totally works. I happen to be one who is a little “iffy” about margaritas. Unless they’re absolutely fabulous, I don’t really care for them. But this one… I LOVE.
I used Corona Light… but of course, you can use any Mexican beer you like in your Beergaritas. They’re a little fierce and strong- meaning there is a lot of alcohol in them, and they can sneak up on you if you’re not careful!
Why didn’t I know about these in back in college at San Diego State University? They’d have been a very popular drink back then indeed. And that may have gotten me in a bit of trouble, lol 🙂
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 bottle of Mexican beer (Corona, Dos Equis, Tecate... something like that)
- In a small container, combine the limeade, tequila and triple sec.
- Add ice to two medium glasses. Divide the limeade mixture between the two glasses. Fill each glass to the rim with beer. Garnish with lime.
Here are a few more beer cocktail recipes you might enjoy:
- Citrus Beer Cocktail by The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie
- Pumpkin Beer Cocktail by JellyToastBlog.com
- Michelada by The Foodie Affair