This Weight Watchers Sugar Cookies recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: How to Survive Valentine’s Day on a Diet.
Yes, you can eat lightened up cookies on Valentine’s Day when you’re watching your calories. A little sweet treat will satisfy you when you’re craving something really bad!
Yield: 28 cookies (14 servings)
Prep Time: 35 minutes + chill time
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Weight Watchers Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring, optional
- colored sugar, optional
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl. In a larger bowl, use an electric mixer to blend together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg white and vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating just until blended. Shape the dough into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper (or spray with nonstick spray).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter (I used a heart, but you can use any shape), cut out the cookies re-rolling the scraps to make a total of 28 cookies. Place cookies 1-inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake until the cookies are very lightly browned at the edges, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack and cool completely.
- Prepare the icing: In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, water and vanilla. Add coloring, if using. Use a spoon to drizzle icing over the cookies. Add decorative sugar, if desired.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 2 cookies) Calories: 122, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.2g, Fiber: .4g, Protein: 2g, Cholesterol: 10.4mg, Carbohydrates: 20g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 6, Points Plus: 3, Old Points: 3
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies Next Post »
Mixed Greens and Goat Cheese with Raspberry Vinaigrette