These Chocolate Mint Filled Cookies are one of my favorite cookie recipes. They’re made up of two chocolate cookies that are stuffed with those delicious Andes mints.
The secret to getting those Andes mints to stick to the chocolate cookies is to take the chocolate cookies out of the oven and immediately place the mints in between two warm cookies.
The warmth from the cookies will melt those Andes mints to perfection. Then you just give them a little push to bind them together and let some of that gooey mint slosh out the sides of the sandwiched cookie.
They are seriously delicious!
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes + chill time
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Chocolate Mint Filled Cookies
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- sugar for rolling
- 48 Andes Mints
- In saucepan, heat chips on low heat until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl with mixer, beat melted chocolate, flour, butter, corn syrup, baking soda, salt, egg and 1/2 cup sugar until blended. Increase speed to medium and beat until well-mixed, scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Wrap dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until easy to handle (2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place some sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into balls. Roll balls in sugar and bake on cookie sheet 12 to 15 minutes.
- Immediately remove 1/2 of cookies from cookie sheet onto work surface. Top each cookie with 2 mints and place the other half of the cookies on top. If your freezer is big enough, place in freezer until set, or leave at room temperature until set.
- These taste divine while still warm, and they are a great frozen treat as well.
- Andes brand mints can be found in the candy section of most stores.
Here are a few more mint cookie recipes you might enjoy:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies by Baked By Rachel
- Swirled Mint Cookies by Recipe Girl
- Homemade Mint Chocolate Oreos by The Recipe Rebel
- Chocolate Mint Wafers by Recipe Girl