Here’s an easy recipe for 7 Minute Chocolate Cookies:
I was so happy to stumble on this recipe again after having it in my recipe collection for a large number of years. There are only 6 simple ingredients for these chocolatey cookies, and they bake for just 7 minutes. I made mine into smallish cookies, so the recipe made quite a lot. When I have too many cookies on hand, that tends to be dangerous… so I pop them into a large ziploc baggie and store them in the freezer– where they are seemingly safe from excess cookie munching!
You can probably tell that the texture of these cookies is different than “normal” cookies. The cookie batter is absolutely addicting (don’t even try it…). The finished cookies are crispy and chocolatey. I love the addition of a good amount of pecans. Without them, the cookies wouldn’t be very exciting at all. Substituting almonds or walnuts would work just fine too. If you freeze them, just be sure to defrost them before eating. Since they’re a crunchy cookie to begin with, they’re even crunchier when frozen! Enjoy…
7 Minute Chocolate Cookies
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan (or microwave-safe bowl), melt the butter and chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat and stir in the flour, pecans and vanilla.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (or sprayed with nonstick spray).
- Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These cookies can be kept in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or they may be frozen.
Here are a few more chocolate cookie recipes you might enjoy:
- Skinny No-Bake Chocolate Cookies by Add a Pinch
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies by RecipeGirl
- Triple Chocolate Cookies by Inside Bru Crew Life
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by RecipeGirl
No sugar and no eggs! Who knew they could be so so good.
The recipe is wonderful taste wise
But I have a query – when you mention 1 cup that means how many grams?
Because the cup sizes are different in different parts of the world..
Because I tried making with what I have.. they turned out more like brookies then crispy cookies..
Since I live in the US, cup means a USA cup measurement. You’d need to use a metric conversion for grams.
Wow 7 minute cookies?! These sounds divine as well as dangerous as now I know I can make cookies so quickly! I love that they are crunchy – will be trying them soon for sure!
These are the perfect cookies to cure any craving! They look perfect and I love how quick and easy they are to make!
These look dangerously easy Lori!!
I love quick and simple cookies! These sound perfect to try out!
They do look scrumptious! I might have to make them for my kiddos this weekend. 😀