Here’s an easy recipe for 7 Minute Chocolate Cookies:
I was so happy to stumble on this recipe again after having it in my recipe collection for a large number of years. There are only 6 simple ingredients for these chocolatey cookies, and they bake for just 7 minutes. I made mine into smallish cookies, so the recipe made quite a lot. When I have too many cookies on hand, that tends to be dangerous… so I pop them into a large ziploc baggie and store them in the freezer– where they are seemingly safe from excess cookie munching!
You can probably tell that the texture of these cookies is different than “normal” cookies. The cookie batter is absolutely addicting (don’t even try it…). The finished cookies are crispy and chocolatey. I love the addition of a good amount of pecans. Without them, the cookies wouldn’t be very exciting at all. Substituting almonds or walnuts would work just fine too. If you freeze them, just be sure to defrost them before eating. Since they’re a crunchy cookie to begin with, they’re even crunchier when frozen! Enjoy…
7 Minute Chocolate Cookies
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:7 minutes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan (or microwave-safe bowl), melt the butter and chocolate chips with the sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat and stir in the flour, pecans and vanilla.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper (or sprayed with nonstick spray).
- Bake 7 minutes. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, then remove cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These cookies can be kept in a covered container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or they may be frozen.