This Almond Butter Cake is the most delicious almond flavored butter cake. It’s the perfect cake for a dinner party or having as a snack with coffee.
This cake is more like a cookie-cake- dense, but soft and very flavorful. If you like almond-flavor, this is for you.
This is the perfect elegant dessert for a special occasion. It’s a little bit fancy, and it’s so beautiful to serve to guests.
The cake is heavy on the almond flavor, so if you’re a lover of almonds then you’re really going to love this cake! Contrary to the title, there is no actual “almond butter” in the recipe. It’s an almond- flavored butter cake. Almond paste gives it such great flavor, and then there is a nice layer of sliced almonds baked on top.
I once served this cake at one of my neighborhood gourmet dinner parties, and everyone loved it. You can take a peek at that dinner party menu here: Sicilian Dinner Party.
If you’re looking for more delicious cake recipes, you might also like to try my Chocolate Cheesecake Cake or this German Apple Cake. Lemon Truffle Cake and Flourless Chocolate Cake are good cake choices too!
Almond Butter Cake
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- garnish with strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter a 9-inch round baking dish.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until creamy. Add the egg and beat until smooth. Mix in the almond paste until blended, and stir in the flour.
- Spread the batter (it will be thick) in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and lightly press them in. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake tests done in the middle.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and garnish, if desired.
- Top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced strawberries, if desired.