Great flavor combo: Apple Butterscotch Bread
I sent this bread on a camping trip with my husband and son’s Dad/Son Indian Guide tribe. According to my husband, it was devoured immediately. They loved it, and it is simple to make too.
Apple Butterscotch Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 2 cups biscuit mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease and flour one loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the biscuit mix, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butterscotch chips.
- In separate bowl, combine milk, orange juice and egg. Stir into the dry mixture. Add applesauce; beat vigorously by hand for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Spoon into pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick placed into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool before slicing.