I’ve partnered with M&M’S® to create a fun birthday themed recipe: Birthday Cake Milkshakes
If there is a birthday coming up for a certain someone you know… a someone who enjoys being surprised with goodies, then a birthday milkshake is the way to go. It’s a treat filled to the brim with an M&M’S cake batter milkshake, and the rim is adorned with the most delicious garnish ever.
White frosting is rubbed on the edge of the rims of the glasses. A birthday cake treat wouldn’t be complete without frosting, would it?
To make these an extra special treat, M&M’S are dotted into the frosting. YES, this means you’ll get to eat both the frosting and the M&M’S as you sip your birthday cake milkshake!
Blend up the milkshake mixture until it’s nice and creamy– the M&M’S in the milkshake will grind down and add a chocolatey flavor.
Then fill your beautifully adorned glasses with milkshake!
To make these extra fun, I poked mini cupcakes through festive straws and dotted those with M&M’S too. I just used store-bought mini cupcakes to make things super easy. A little curly ribbon tied to the straws helped keep the cupcakes in place.
This is definitely the ultimate birthday treat: a cupcake, a milkshake, frosting, and M&M’S!
Want to find more great M&M’S recipes? Check out the M&M’S Pinterest page: www.pinterest.com/mmschocolate.
Birthday Cake Milkshakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- canned white frosting
- 4 extra large scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup white cake mix
- 1/3 cup M&M'S
- additional M&M'S
- fun straws
- Prepare your milkshake glasses first: Use a knife to edge the tops of your glasses with about 1 inch of frosting. Press M&M'S into the frosting to create a trail of candies around the tops of the glasses.
- Prepare the milkshakes: Place ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, cake mix and M&M'S in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add a little more milk if too thick.
- Fill milkshake glasses and garnish with fancy straws-- add mini cupcakes punched through the straws, if desired (just use sharp scissors to snip a hole into the bottoms of the cupcake liners.
- Tip: You can certainly make a bunch of mini milkshakes for a party, if you'd like. Just use smaller glasses or cups and follow the same instructions.