Here’s an easy, delicious summer salad recipe: Blackberry Salad with Pork
It’s nice and light with a simple, homemade honey-lemon dressing.
Other berries may be substituted for the blackberries, if desired.
Blackberry Salad with Pork
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- 1 (12 to 16-ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 6 cups mixed baby greens (spring mix)
- 2 cups blackberries, raspberries, and/or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or almonds, toasted (see tips below)
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed (if desired) and cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Roast, uncovered, for 25-35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 155°F. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and let stand until temperature registers 160°F. Cool slightly. Slice pork 1/4-inch thick.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine oil, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste; cover and shake well.
- To serve, in salad bowls or on individual plates, place greens, top with berries, tomatoes, pine nuts, brie wedges, and pork slices. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.