This Blue Cheese and Walnut Quiche is a delicious quiche recipe with unique flavors of blue cheese and walnuts mixed into the egg custard.
I know what you’re thinking. This quiche is really different, and there usually aren’t things like blue cheese and walnuts in a quiche recipe. You’re right! This is a fabulous quiche recipe because it’s different. I love the flavors in this one. If you’re making several quiches for a party or event, be sure to include this unique recipe for blue cheese and walnut quiche too!
- pie crust
- all purpose flour
- ground nutmeg, salt and white pepper
- heavy whipping cream
- Swiss or Gruyére cheese
- crumbled blue cheese
- red onion
What kind of pie crust should you use for quiche?
You can certainly make your own pie crust for quiche. I happen to like The Pioneer Woman’s Perfect Pie Crust recipe. But you can most definitely opt for using a store-bought pie crust too.
How to make a Blue Cheese and Walnut Quiche:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Gently place a pie crust into a 9-inch round pie pan or quiche pan. Pinch the rim decoratively and prick the crust with a fork. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Pull the crust out and let it cool while you prepare the filling.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Blend in the cream and then the milk.
Let the quiche rest for 8 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Swiss cheese and blue cheese are a neat combination of cheesy flavors. There’s a little crunch in there from the included walnuts too. Enjoy!
The Best Quiche Recipes:
- Asparagus Quiche
- Swiss and Cheddar Quiche with Bacon
- Western Omelette Quiche
- Summer Vegetable Quiche
- Quiche Lorraine
Blue Cheese and Walnut Quiche
- 1 pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup milk
- 2¼ cups grated Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Gently place the pie crust into a 9-inch round pie pan or quiche pan. Pinch the rim decoratively and prick the crust with a fork. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Pull it out and let it cool while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Whisk in the cream and then the milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Swiss and blue cheeses and then sprinkle them into the prepared pastry shell. Sprinkle the red onion and walnuts over the cheese. Gently pour in the egg mixture to fill the pastry shell.
- Place the filled pan on a baking sheet and bake the quiche for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the custard is just set. Watch the edges of the crust and cover with foil or a pie-crust cover if it's browning too much. Let the quiche rest for 8 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.