Blueberry Cobbler is an easy and delicious summer dessert for you to bake. Fresh blueberries are tossed with sugar and orange juice and then topped with a delicious sweet cobbler mixture and baked to create the best blueberry cobbler! Watch the short video showing you how to make blueberry cobbler, and then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home.
Easy Blueberry Cobbler
Are you looking for an easy dessert recipe? Something so easy but it’s actually impressive too? And do you happen to have some fresh blueberries on hand? This easy Blueberry Cobbler recipe is for you.
We had some neighbors coming over for a barbecue the other day, and I really needed to whip up a dessert quickly. Blueberry cobbler was the right choice. Just berries tossed with sugar and juice… laid into a pie plate… a simple, sweet batter spooned on top, and a quick 35 minutes in the oven. Mission Easy Dessert done!
I love it when a cobbler comes out of the oven all piping hot– the fresh blueberries have morphed into being soft, sweet and syrupy. You’ll want a STRAW to suck up all of that fabulous, sugary blueberry juice.
Ice cream is the perfect topper for warm cobbler. The only bad thing about this recipe is that it will be gone almost immediately upon serving, and you will wish you had more!
The teenagers at our barbecue dished up more ice cream and snaked the remaining bits of blueberry syrup from the pan. This is the perfect summer dessert recipe- especially if you have access to big, juicy, wonderful blueberries!
How is cobbler different than a crisp or crumble?
A cobbler is fresh fruit in a pan that is typically topped with a sweet batter before baking. The topping on a fruit crisp (or crumble) usually consists of some sort of sweetened oat mixture. Both are delicious served warm with ice cream or whipped cream!
Here are a few more cobbler recipes you might enjoy:
- Strawberry- Rhubarb Cobbler
- Peach Cobbler
- Chocolate Cobbler
- Strawberry Shortcake Skillet Cobbler
- Easy Cherry Cobbler
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray (not a deep dish).
PREPARE THE BERRIES:
- In a medium bowl, toss together the berries, sugar and juice. Put the berry mixture into the prepared dish.
PREPARE THE COBBLER:
- In a separate medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until combined. Drop the batter by the spoonful on top of the berry mixture- covering as much of the top as possible with the batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve in dishes with a scoop of ice cream on top (if desired).