This recipe for Braised Bok Choy is a delicious side dish recipe!
Braised Bok Choy
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 cup 99% fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound bok choy, trimmed and chopped (leaves only)- 6 to 8 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring broth and butter and garlic to a simmer in a deep, large skillet. Add bok choy and simmer (covered) until tender, about 5 minutes. Use tongs to transfer bok choy to a serving dish and cover to keep warm.
- Boil broth mixture until reduced to 1/4 cup, then stir in sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Pour mixture over bok choy and serve immediately.
- If preparing this recipe as gluten free, just be sure that you're using a brand of chicken broth that is known to be GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 cup) Calories: 65, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sugar: .1g, Fiber: 0g, Protein: 4g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Carbohydrates: 4g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 3, Points Plus Program: 2, Old Points Program: 2