This Candy Cane Martini is a fun holiday cocktail! It’s lightly flavored with mint, and it has a fun candy cane garnish too.
We always have candy canes laying around the house during the holidays. Sometimes they’re decoratively sitting on display on our living room table, and sometimes we use candy canes to decorate our Christmas tree. And sometimes we steal some of those candy canes to make a candy cane martini!
How to make a Candy Cane Martini:
Heat water and superfine sugar together; set aside. Dip the rim of a martini glass in water. Then dip the rim in crushed candy canes.
In a cocktail shaker, combine ice cubes, vanilla vodka, white creme de menthe, sugar water and whole milk. Shake vigorously, and then strain into the martini glass. Garnish with a little candy cane.
So these are really fun drinks to serve during the holiday season. This isn’t the flavor of martini that you come across every day. So be fun, and make a candy cane martini. Enjoy!
Here are a few more holiday recipes you might like to try:
- Layered Peppermint Crunch Bark
- Night Before Christmas Coffee Cake
- Antipasto Christmas Wreath
- Holiday Biscotti
- Rudolph’s Brunch Punch
Candy Cane Martini
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- ¼ cup finely crushed candy canes
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce white creme de menthe
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1 small candy cane, for garnish
- In a microwave-safe cup, heat the sugar and water for 30 seconds or until the sugar dissolves.
- Spread the crushed candy canes on a piece of waxed paper.
- Dip the rim of the glass into water. Then dip the rim of the glass into the crushed candy canes so the candy sticks to all sides of the rim.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka, creme de menthe, sugar mixture, and milk. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.
- Place a candy cane in the drink as garnish.