This side dish of Cauliflower with Capers has a lemon and garlic vibe to it too!
I’m always looking for good side dishes to have with our main protein for dinner, and this is one of them! We do make cauliflower quite often. I usually just steam it, add some butter and call it a day. But with minimal extra effort, this recipe for cauliflower with capers is a dinner winner!
- cauliflower florets
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley
How to make Cauliflower with Capers:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Capers have quite a bit of sodium, so you’ll want to watch how much salt you add to the recipe. Taste, and add as needed.
I love the saltiness of the capers. And the addition of lemon adds some bright zing to the cauliflower too. Cauliflower can be kind of boring to eat all on its own. But with just a few added ingredients, it can be super delicious! Enjoy!
Best Cauliflower Recipes:
- Cauliflower Tortillas
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Baked Cauliflower Parmesan
- Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
- How to make Cauliflower Puree
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Cauliflower with Capers
- 6 cups water
- ½ medium lemon
- 4 cups (about 1 small head) cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan. Squeeze the lemon half into the water and add the lemon half to the water, too. Add the cauliflower to the pan; cook 3 minutes. Drain and discard the lemon half.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower to the pan, cooking 12 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a large bowl. Add the parsley, lemon juice, capers and salt; toss well.