Here’s an easy side dish recipe for Lemon Rice with Capers and Parsley.
Lemon Rice with Capers and Parsley
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Add rice to a large pan of boiling water and cook over high heat for about 15 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water, and drain again thoroughly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a heavy skillet over low heat. Add rice, salt, and pepper and heat, stirring gently with a fork. Stir in lemon juice, capers, and parsley and remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining butter and taste for seasoning. Serve immediately.
- This rice dish may be kept up to 2 hours at room temperature. Reheat carefully in top part of double boiler over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/2 cup) Calories: 143, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Sugar per serving: .15g, Sodium: 358mg, Fiber: .5g, Protein: 2g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Carbohydrates: 20.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per 1/2 cup: Freestyle SmartPoints: 7, Points Plus Program: 4, Old Points Program: 3