This recipe is gluten free adaptable, please see tips below the recipe.
Cranberry Rice Pilaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1½ cups uncooked instant brown rice
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan, bring broth, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Stir in the rice, cranberries and butter. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.
- If you are preparing this dish as gluten free, just be sure to use a brand of chicken broth that is known to be GF.
- I use a couple of oranges and fresh-squeeze them for maximum flavor
- For testing purposes, I used Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Fast & Natural Brown Rice. It was good!
- Don't use dried sweetened cranberries for this recipe. It won't turn out the same as using fresh.