Parmesan melts into the bread in this appetizer and provides a salty pairing for the prosciutto in this recipe for Cheese Crostini with Prosciutto.
This is a super easy recipe that only requires four main ingredients. It’s the kind of appetizer you might like to whip up if there are just two of you and you’d like to have a little munchie with your wine. You can also double the recipe to serve to more people.
- baguette slices
- Parmesan cheese
- prosciutto slices
- freshly ground black pepper
How to make Cheese Crostini with Prosciutto:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat the oven to broil.
Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Rub each baguette slice with the cut edge of a garlic clove. Broil the bread for one minute, or until very lightly browned. Watch the bread closely since it can burn very easily!
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the toasted bread slice, and put it back under the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts- one minute or less.
Drape the prosciutto over the toasted cheese baguette. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper on top. Enjoy!
Here are a few more crostini recipes you might like to try:
- Sweet Pea Crostini with Prosciutto
- Roasted Honey-Pear Crostini
- Crostini with Gorgonzola, Caramelized Onions & Fig Jam
- Ricotta Crostini
- Greek Crostini
Cheese Crostini with Prosciutto
- 6 ounces baguette, sliced into 6 slices
- 2 medium garlic cloves, halved
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet. Rub 1 side of each bread slice with cut half of garlic. Discard the garlic. Broil 1 minute or until very lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bread. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Drape the prosciutto evenly over the bread slices. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.