This quick and easy Greek Crostini appetizer recipe uses baguette slices topped with hummus and a sprinkle of olives and crunchy celery.
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large pitted green olives, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- One 12-ounce baguette, sliced into 12 pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
PREPARE THE HUMMUS:
- In a food processor, combine the hummus ingredients. Blend to create a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
ASSEMBLE THE CROSTINI:
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, olives and celery. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Spread the hummus mixture among the baguette slices, and top with the olive mixture. Season with freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- A good olive oil can sometimes make all the difference!
- Toast the baguette slices briefly under the broiler (before topping with chickpea mixture) if you prefer a toasted baguette.