This quick and easy Greek Crostini appetizer recipe uses baguette slices topped with hummus and a sprinkle of olives and crunchy celery.
This quick and easy appetizer recipe is always a hit!
Servings: 12 appetizers (1 per serving)
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large pitted green olives, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- One 12-ounce baguette, sliced into 12 pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
PREPARE THE HUMMUS:
- In a food processor, combine the hummus ingredients. Blend to create a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
ASSEMBLE THE CROSTINI:
- In small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, olives and celery. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Spread the hummus mixture among the baguette slices, and top with the olive mixture. Season with freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- A good olive oil can sometimes make all the difference!
- Toast the baguette slices briefly under the broiler (before topping with chickpea mixture) if you prefer a toasted baguette.
Serving: 1appetizer, Calories: 166kcal, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 145mg, Potassium: 132mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 18IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 35mg, Iron: 2mg