These Greek Potatoes are served with simple and wonderful lemon vinaigrette.
What makes these potatoes special? They are roasted. Twice! Yep, roasting them twice gives them an incredible texture– perfectly crispy on the outside with a tender middle. The lemon vinaigrette tossed with the Greek Potatoes gives them great flavor.
How to make Greek Potatoes:
Red potatoes are cut into wedges (no need to peel them) and tossed with 1/2 cup of the lemon vinaigrette. Then they’re placed on a rimmed baking sheet. A little bit of chicken broth is then poured onto the baking sheet around the potatoes. And they’re sprinkled with salt and pepper.
The potatoes are roasted for 45 minutes. Then you’ll loosen the potatoes from the baking sheet and let them cool completely. After that, it’s time for a second roasting! The next roast is for 15 minutes. This will give you perfectly crispy potato wedges.
You can definitely serve these potatoes after just one roasting. But that second roasting is highly suggested for the best results!
Ingredients needed for Lemon Vinaigrette:
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh oregano
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
All you have to do to prepare the vinaigrette is combine all of the ingredients and mix them well.
When you serve your Greek Potatoes, you’ll drizzle them with some of the reserved lemon vinaigrette. Use as much or as little as you’d like. They’re so delicious!
Serve these potatoes for dinner with roasted chicken or lamb, grilled steak or chicken, roast beef or ham. They’ll be a hit with your meal because everyone always loves Greek Potatoes. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes for potatoes that you might like to try:
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Garlic Parsley Potatoes
- Mustard Roasted Potatoes
- Melting Potatoes
- Lemon and Herb Roasted New Potatoes
- Brabant Potatoes
- Lemon Salt Roasted Potatoes
Greek Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 pounds red potatoes, each potato cut lengthwise into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, oregano, parsley and garlic. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
PREPARE THE POTATOES:
- On a heavy large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Reserve the remaining vinaigrette for serving. Pour the chicken broth around the potatoes. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes until tender and golden brown, turning occasionally, about 45 minutes. Cool completely. Using metal spatula, loosen the potatoes from the baking sheet to prevent sticking. You can serve the potatoes at this point, but roasting them twice results in a crispier, better final product (continue with the next step if you want to roast them twice).
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Rewarm the potatoes until crisp, about 15 minutes. Divide the potatoes equally among plates. Drizzle some reserved lemon vinaigrette over the potatoes.
- *To prepare this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just make sure that you are using a brand of chicken broth that is designated as GF.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand on baking sheet at room temperature.