These Lemon and Herb Roasted New Potatoes are a great potato side-dish recipe!
If you’re looking for an easy side dish (carb) for your next dinner, try these lemon and herb roasted new potatoes! Thankfully, potatoes are plentiful and they’re usually pretty cheap too. So a potato side dish always works! These are delicious. Simply roasted potatoes are mixed with a flavorful herb mixture.
How to make Lemon and Herb Roasted New Potatoes:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The first step is making the herb mixture. Use a food processor or a powerful blender. Add fresh parsley, fresh rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Process this mixture until well-blended and smooth.
Cut your potatoes in half, and add them to a bowl. Toss with olive oil, oil, salt and pepper.
Spread the potatoes out on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes, until soft, tender and lightly browned.
Put the potatoes back into the original bowl, and add the herb mixture. Toss to coat the potatoes with the herbs.
Transfer the potatoes to a bowl, and serve!
Make ahead instructions:
This potato side dish recipe is easy to make ahead. Just prepare it all, and transfer it to a bowl. Heat in the microwave (or in a skillet on the stove) when ready to serve. Alternately, you can roast the potatoes and process the herb mixture separately. Then heat the potatoes and toss with the herbs when ready to serve.
Here are a few main dishes that would be fabulous to serve with Lemon and Herb Roasted New Potatoes:
- Hoisin and Honey Glazed Pork Chops
- Gouda Stuffed Chicken with Apple Pan Sauce
- Marry Me Chicken
- Veal Parmesan
- Pork Medallions with Olive Caper Sauce
Lemon and Herb Roasted New Potatoes
- ¾ cup loosely packed chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 pounds new potatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Add to the bowl of a food processor (or jar of a blender): parsley, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest/juice, 2 tablespoons of oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the halved potatoes, ½ teaspoon pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt; spread the potato mixture in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Toss the potatoes with the lemon-and-herb mixture until evenly coated. Serve warm.