Love the topping for this pork dinner: Pork Medallions with Olive Caper Sauce
Pork Medallions with Olive Caper Sauce
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Prepare pork: Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each pork piece between 2 sheets of wax paper; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge pork in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of pork; cook 2 minutes on each side or until pork is done. Remove pork from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining oil and pork.
- Prepare sauce: Add wine and broth to pan, and bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in olives and capers; cook 4 minutes or until slightly thick. Serve sauce over pork.
- Nutritional Information per serving (2 pork medallions + 2 tablespoons sauce) Calories: 384, Fat: 19.6g, Sat Fat: 2.9g, Cholesterol: 89.6mg, Sodium: 1005.7mg, Potassium: 571.8mg, Carbohydrates: 10.2g, Fiber: .4g, Sugar: 0g, Protein: 34.6g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints 6, PointsPlus 9, Old Progam 9