Cheesy Garlic Bread is the best buttery French bread recipe toasted with garlic, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
There’s nothing better than having a few good hunks of garlic bread with your dinner- especially if you’re using it to soak up a bunch of marinara sauce in your favorite pasta recipe. But there’s a way to make garlic bread even better. Turn it into cheesy garlic bread. It’s pretty much out-of-this-world delicious, and you must try it!
- French bread or baguette
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
If desired, you can use 4 cloves of crushed fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. Dried parsley may be used in place of fresh parsley. Or you can leave out the parsley all together. If you’re feeling really crazy (or depending on what you’re serving it with), you can change up the cheeses and use Fontina, Gouda, Swiss, Havarti or whatever you want!
How to make Cheesy Garlic Bread:
Cut your French bread loaf in half lengthwise. Combine butter, oil and garlic powder in a bowl. Spread the buttery mixture onto both halves of the French bread. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top. Bake until the cheese is all melted and the bread has browned around the edges. Sprinkle parsley on top.
Be sure to let the cheesy garlic bread sit for a few minutes after coming out of the oven. Then it will be easier to slice and the cheese won’t go melting off the sides of the bread.
Wrap your bread in foil or tuck it into a bread basket to keep it warm. It will be best eaten warm because of all that cheesy deliciousness. It’s the perfect bread to serve with a great pasta dinner like spaghetti and meatballs or baked penne. But it’s also an excellent pairing with grilled meats. My favorite meal to prepare in the summer months is grilled flank steak, caesar salad and a splurge of cheesy garlic bread.
I wanted to give you an idea of the cheese factor in this bread. It’s pull-apart yummy. You think you really love garlic bread until you’ve had cheesy garlic bread. Then you’ll have a new favorite. Enjoy!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- One 16-ounce loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Place the bread halves (sliced side up) onto the lined baking sheet.
- In a bowl, stir together the butter, oil, and garlic powder. Spread onto the bread. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the bread is starting to brown along the outside, about 12 to 15 minutes. If desired, broil briefly to brown the cheese in spots.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top. Let the bread cool for a couple minutes, and then slice and serve.
- If desired, you can use 4 cloves of minced fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.