This Chicken Stew with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables is the perfect, keep-you-warm comfort food dinner recipe.
This chicken stew is packed with plenty of roasted vegetables and potatoes. It will fill you up and keep you happy. There is a ton of flavor! And it happens to be one of those meals that tastes even better the next day.
- red potatoes
- baby carrots
- red onion
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- dried herbs: thyme, rosemary and tarragon
- green beans
- dry white wine
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- chicken broth
- all purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Chicken Stew with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The first step is roasting the vegetables:
Make the stew:
Once the warm weather subsides, it’s time to make this chicken stew with balsamic roasted vegetables! Stew is the perfect, warm-you-up kind of meal, and this recipe is one that you’ll want to make again and again. Enjoy!
The Best Stew Recipes:
- Greek Beef Stew
- Easy Classic Irish Stew
- One Pot Beef Marsala Stew
- Basque Lamb Stew
- Chicken, Leek and Apple Stew
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Chicken Stew with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- 4 cups unpeeled, cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups whole baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 halves boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups low sodium, low fat chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
ROAST THE VEGETABLES:
- Spray a large roasting pan with non stick spray. Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix well. Roast, uncovered, at 425° F. for 30 minutes. Stir once, halfway through cooking time.
- Add the green beans and roast for 10 more minutes.
PREPARE THE STEW:
- Meanwhile, pour the wine into a large saucepan. Add thyme and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the chicken and wine. Stir in 2½ cups of broth.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour with the remaining ½ cup broth and stir until lump-free. Add the flour mixture to the chicken and vegetables. Cook until the stew is bubbly and has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just be sure to use a brand of chicken broth that is designated as GF and sub GF flour for the all-purpose flour.