My favorite stir fry recipe is this Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus and Cashews!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus and Cashews
This is a delicious, healthy and easy to make stir fry recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1 pound asparagus, sliced on the diagonal (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spread the cashews in a pie plate and toast in the oven for about 8 minutes, until they are nicely browned and fragrant. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce. In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken in an even layer and cook over high heat, turning once, until browned and just cooked throughout, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a clean bowl.
- Pour the chicken broth into the wok and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits. Add the asparagus slices, cover and cook over moderate heat until they are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the asparagus to the bowl along with the chicken.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of fish sauce to the wok along with the oyster sauce, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer until the sauce is reduced to ⅓ cup, about 2 minutes. Return the chicken pieces and sliced asparagus to the wok and toss to heat through. Remove the wok from the heat and stir in the cashews, basil and chives. Season the stir fry with black pepper and serve immediately.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 389kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 44g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 1041mg, Potassium: 1157mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 3142IU, Vitamin C: 24mg, Calcium: 115mg, Iron: 5mg
Here are a few more stir fry recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry by Just a Taste
- Thai Pork Stir Fry by Recipe Girl
- Quick Shrimp Stir Fry by Real Housemoms
- Szechuan Orange Ginger Beef Stir Fry by Recipe Girl