My favorite stir fry recipe is this Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus and Cashews!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus and Cashews
Terrific, lighter choice for dinner...
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 pound asparagus, sliced on the diagonal (1-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread the cashews in a pie plate and toast in the oven for about 8 minutes, until they are nicely browned and fragrant. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce. In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken in an even layer and cool over high heat, turning once, until browned and just cooked throughout, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a clean bowl.
- Pour the chicken broth into the wok and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits. Add the asparagus slices, cover and cook over moderate heat until they are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the asparagus to the bowl along with the chicken.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of fish sauce to the wok along with the oyster sauce, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer until the sauce is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes. Return the chicken pieces and sliced asparagus to the wok and toss to heat through. Remove the wok from the heat and stir in the cashews, basil and chives. Season the stir fry with black pepper and serve right away.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Nutrition Facts (without rice)- Amount Per Serving Calories 283, Total Fat 9g, Sat Fat 1.13g, Cholesterol 98.66mg, Sodium 979.19mg, Potassium 754.56mg, Carbohydrates 6g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugar 2.28g, Protein 43g
- WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS per serving- (recipe divided into 4 portions- without rice): Freestyle SmartPoints: 5, Points Plus Program: 7, Old Points Program: 6
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (adapted slightly from Food and Wine)
Here are a few more stir fry recipes you might enjoy:
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry by Just a Taste
- Thai Pork Stir Fry by Recipe Girl
- Quick Shrimp Stir Fry by Real Housemoms
- Szechuan Orange Ginger Beef Stir Fry by Recipe Girl