If you’re on a diet… I’m sorry. You’ll want to cheat on it to make these cookies: Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chocolate Drizzle
So if you’re on a diet, I apologize for the temptation. You can always bake them and taste them and gift the rest of them away. I do pretty well with them when they’re stored in the freezer… they’re out of sight and I seem to be able to keep them out of mind too when they’re not sitting on my counter overtly teasing me.
They’re a simple little toffee & chocolate chip infused cookie rolled into a ball and squashed with a sugared glass.
These toffee- chocolate chip cookies themselves are a keeper. I could have sat and eaten a dozen of them with a big glass of milk for dunking. But they aren’t quite done yet.
They need a quick drizzle of chocolate.
The chocolate turns these toffee- chocolate chip cookies into candy bar cookies. I love the combination, and the drizzle makes them look pretty too.
Chocolate Drizzled Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup toffee bits
- additional sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in sugars and beat until well combined. Add in egg and vanilla; beat until mixture looks smooth. Add the flour and beat until just incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits. Gather dough into a ball and refrigerate for an hour or so until dough is slightly firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Dampen the flat bottom of a glass cup and dip in sugar. Use the sugared bottom of the cup to press each ball firmly into a 2 inch round. You may need to re-dip the glass in sugar now and then to keep from sticking to the dough.
- Bake cookies for 11 to 13 minutes. Let cookies cool.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate on high for 20 seconds or so, until partially melted. Stir until smooth. Scoop chocolate into a small zip baggie, zip closed and snip and very small piece off the corner of the bag. Squeeze the bag and drizzle lines back and forth across each cookie. Let sit at room temperature until chocolate is set.
- Cookies will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Other recipes using Toffee Chips on the blogs:
- Pie Plate Chocolate Chip- Toffee Cookies by Two Peas and Their Pod
- Baby Chocolate Chip and Toffee Shortbread Cookies by Farmgirl Fare
- Pretzel- Toffee Chip Brownies by RecipeGirl
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars by Rah Cha Chow
- Chocolate Chip- Toffee Scones by RecipeGirl
I love these and easy to make
The chocolate drizzle looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to give these a try. Thanks for the recipe!!
OK, I’ve SOOO got to try these and blog about them. That Chocolate drizzle looks absolutely beautiful.
Imagine adding White Chocolate drizzle lines too!
I’m not much of a cookier baker or eater but these sound righ tup my alley!
looks so good, please tell me where to find that baking mat
@Btrflywmn, That particular baking mat came from http://www.KingArthurFlour.com
These were wonderful! I made them last night. I can’t wait to share them. Mmmmmm…..
Wow, these would definitely be a temptation… but, worthy of some extra time running!
Oh these look soooooo good!!
These look so simple, yet so elegant. And, of course, tasty too. Thanks for another great recipe!
You are so funny!
Ok, so let me get this right..you are telling me to bake them, taste them and give them away???? Ok, you dont know me very well. I am sure I would eat them all!
What beautiful cookies. Screw the diet!
Wow these look beautiful.
It’s hard to resist cookies, so the best thing is to make and give away. Everyone loves to get cookies, and you don’t have to worry about it anymore! Just make sure you eat 1 or 2 before they go away.
I could definitely go for a few of those + a latte right now!
These look wonderful. I am so looking forward to baking these!
I may be dieting, but that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped cooking for others! These look fabulous! Copied the recipe already!
Toffee is my weakness and these cookies look fabulous!! Off to the gym, the grocery store and then home to make me some Toffee-Choco Chip cookies!
I just made a toffee cookie-great minds think alike. I will have to try your recipe next time!
Those look delicious! I AM on a diet so I had to skim — too tempting. Thanks for the shout-out!
Drool City over here!
these are beautiful! i don’t know how you could ever not eat them all…i would be so tempted!
If these were in my freezer I’d be thinking about them all the time! I’d definitely have to make them and give them away.
Oh my gosh…. yes I need to make these asap.