Chocolate Wasted Cake is definitely one for major chocolate lovers.
Take a look at this cake– a really good look. Why do you think this this cake called, “Chocolate Wasted?” Let me explain.
There was a movie a while back. It was something to do with grandparents watching the kids while the parents were away. The grandparents let the kids go-to-town on a chocolate cake- something their parents never let them eat. And the kids, therefore, became “chocolate wasted.” That’s what’s happening here. This cake is completely overloaded with chocolate. And if you eat it, you just might become a bit drunk on chocolate!
What are the major chocolate components of this cake?
- chocolate cake mix (yes… the recipe begins with a mix)
- chocolate milk
- chocolate chips
- chocolate pudding mix
- Snickers candy bar
How to make Chocolate Wasted Cake:
For the base cake, you’ll be jazzing up a boxed mix by adding chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream, pudding mix and chocolate chips. That’s going to give you a very chocolatey bundt cake!
Next, it’s time to add the toppings, which involves quite a few things. Remember- it’s going to be overloaded with goodies. Read on!
A chocolate ganache comes first. It’s a simple mix of chocolate chips and cream.
The chocolate ganache glaze is drizzled on top of the cooled cake.
Then comes a little bit of caramel. That’s drizzled right on top of the chocolate glaze.
Finally, you’ll add some toffee bits and chopped Snickers candy bars.
You can get creative here and substitute the final touches with whatever candies you prefer. Use candies with chocolate in them since you still want to make it a Chocolate Wasted Cake!
It’s time to slice and eat. Since this cake is most definitely over-the-top, it makes a fabulous birthday cake. A little slice will be plenty to enjoy, and serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a good idea since the chocolate will be very rich. Enjoy!
Here are a few more chocolate dessert recipes you might like to try:
- Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
- Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies
- Mini Chocolate Cream Pies
- Chocolate Chip Walnut Brownies
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Homemade Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Mini Triple Chocolate Trifles
Chocolate Wasted Cake
- One 15.25-ounce box Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (I use the Betty Crocker brand)
- 3/4 cup chocolate milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- One 3.9-ounce box Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- One 1.86-ounce Snickers candy bar, chopped
PREPARE THE CAKE:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Generously grease a 12-cup bundt cake pan and lightly flour (or use baking spray).
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream and pudding mix. Mix until combined (the batter will be thick). Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Turn the pan upside down onto a serving plate; remove the pan. Allow the cake to cool completely, about 2 hours.
ADD THE GLAZE:
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan until simmering, then pour over the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
ADD THE TOPPINGS:
- Drizzle the caramel over the cake, sprinkle on the chocolate chips, toffee pieces and chopped candy bar. Store loosely covered at room temperature.