These Mini Triple Chocolate Trifles are a chocolate lover’s dream come true. Layers of rich fudge brownies, silky smooth chocolate cream cheese filling, and rich chocolate syrup to create triple chocolate trifles never tasted so good!
Chocolate is my favorite food group. Seriously! I don’t think I could live without it. In fact, I’m pretty sure I eat at least a little chocolate everyday. If you eat any chocolate today, let it be in one of these Mini Triple Chocolate Trifles! You will have no regrets.
How to Make Triple Chocolate Trifles:
You’ll begin by making the luscious chocolate cheesecake filling. Using an electric mixer (stand or hand), beat the cream cheese and the sugar together. You’ll then add in the melted chocolate that you’ve given a few minutes to cool.
At this point you pretty much have a chocolate cream cheese frosting but to make it light and airy you’ll stream in the whipping cream and beat until thick and at the stiff peak stage. If your chocolate wasn’t cool enough and you can only get it to a soft peak stage that’s okay. Cover the filling and place in the fridge.
For the brownies, you’ll want to line the pan with either foil or parchment paper so that you can lift them out of the pan to cut up easily.
For the batter, mix the sugar and cocoa powder together and then add in the melted butter and vanilla, followed by the eggs. Mix in the flour until just combined and then fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter in the pan (be sure to leave some in the bowl to lick) and bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. You’ll need to let the brownies cool completely before assembling the trifles.
To assemble these Triple Chocolate Trifles, fill small containers with a layer of brownie squares. Place your chilled chocolate cheesecake filling in a piping bag and pipe a layer on followed by some chocolate syrup. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the glass.
You can serve them immediately or place them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What kind of containers should I use?
I got these cute little cups at Ikea but you can really use any dish that is about 8 ounces in size. If you don’t have any little dishes you could get clear plastic drinking cups or just make one big trifle in a regular-sized trifle bowl.
What substitutions can I make?
If you want to make this even easier, feel free to use a boxed brownie mix. You can also add in fruit like strawberries or raspberries.
If you’re looking for more rich chocolate recipes, try these:
- Chocolate- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- Raspberry Brownie Cheesecake Trifles
- Chocolate Mascarpone Brownies
- Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Ganache Cake
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- Double Chocolate Brownies
Mini Triple Chocolate Trifles
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate chopped
- chocolate syrup
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- Melt chocolate at 50% power in the microwave until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together using a standing electric mixer (with the whisk attachment) or electric hand mixer. Mix in the melted chocolate, scraping the sides of the bowl down as needed. Slowly pour in the whipping cream while mixing. Beat until stiff peaks. Cover and place in the fridge.
- When ready to assemble the trifles, place in a piping bag with a large piping tip.
For the Brownie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with foil and then lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk sugar and cocoa together. Mix in the melted butter, vanilla, and salt. Beat in the eggs and then mix in the flour until just combined and then stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25-28 minutes, until toothpick come out clean.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting. Cut into half inch cubes.
- Assemble the trifle with a layer of brownie cubes in the bottom of the trifle dishes, pipe on the chocolate cheesecake filling, and drizzle in some chocolate syrup. Repeat layers until you get to the top of the glass.
- Serve immediately or place in fridge until ready to serve.