This recipe has always been a family favorite: Clam Linguine
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:12 minutes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 5 smashed cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (7 ounce) cans chopped clams (use the juice of 2 1/2 cans)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- 16-ounces linguine noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Sauté garlic in butter until softened, then use a slotted spoon to remove the garlic. Stir in parsley.
- Carefully whisk in flour. Add half and half, clams + juice, and a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until hot and thickened.
- Serve over fresh cooked linguine noodles.
- To smash the garlic, just set the garlic cloves on a cutting board and smash with the side of a large knife. If you like more garlic flavor, mince a couple of large cloves to keep in the sauce (and then you don't have to remove anything).
- I've used fat-free half and half in this recipe with good results.
- By all means, use fresh chopped clams if you have easy access to them.