Clam Dip is the best classic appetizer dip recipe. It’s a recipe that’s been around for decades!
This is such an easy dip to throw together, and it gets devoured by all. It’s better when made a few hours ahead- the flavors have a chance to blend together before serving.
What kind of clams do you use for clam dip?
For this clam dip recipe, all you need are canned clams. Fresh clams are not needed! Just buy a can of chopped canned clams, squeeze the liquid out of it, and use them in this recipe. They’re perfect!
Serve it with the best sturdy potato chips. Alternately, you can serve it with fresh cut vegetables or crackers. I think potato chips are the best pairing!
Here are a few more recipes using clams that you might like to try:
- White Clam Pizza
- How to Grill Clams
- Pioneer Woman’s Linguine with Clam Sauce
- Clam Shack Style Fried Clams
- Clam Chowder
- Clam Bites
- Manhattan Clam Chowder
- Crostini with Clams
- 1 cup sour cream (can use light, if desired)
- One 7.5-ounce can minced clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients together well and chill (add Tabasco a few drops at a time, until desired flavor is achieved).
- Serve with vegetables, crackers or sturdy potato chips.