Prep Time: 20 minutes + marinating time
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 20 small pickling cucumbers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 to 3 pieces of fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, split
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- sterilized mason jars
- Wash and scrub cucumbers and pack in sterilized mason jars. Add a sprig of dill and 1 piece of garlic per jar.
- Mix water, vinegar and salt; bring to a boil. Pour hot liquid over cucumbers. Insert a knife in four places in jar to remove bubbles. Put the lids on the jars, but don't screw them super tight. They will need time to release air during the sealing process.
- Put the jars in a large pot of boiling water (water should be 1-inch higher than the jars) and boil for 10 to 15 minutes to seal. Store in a cool, dry pantry for 3 months before serving. Do not turn upside down.