This doctored-up cake mix recipe gives you really good cupcakes: Easy Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
Sometimes you just don’t have time to bake things completely homemade. That’s where a boxed mix comes in handy. If you jazz up a boxed mix with a few added ingredients, it turns into a much better cake. This recipe is a good one!
Easy Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
- One box German chocolate cake mix
- One 16 ounce container sour cream
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans and coat with cooking spray.
- Beat all ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- Spoon the batter evenly into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool. Frost as desired.
- You can substitute another kind of chocolate cake mix if you'd like.