This doctored-up cake mix recipe gives you really good cupcakes: Easy Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
Sometimes you just don’t have time to bake things completely homemade. That’s where a boxed mix comes in handy. If you jazz up a boxed mix with a few added ingredients, it turns into a much better cake. This recipe is a good one!
Easy Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:25 minutes
- One box German chocolate cake mix
- One (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans and coat with cooking spray.
- Beat all ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- Spoon batter evenly into baking cups, filling each two-thirds full. Bake 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks, and cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- Substitute another kind of chocolate cake mix if you'd like.