If you’re looking for a Five Minute Salad— meaning a salad that literally only takes 5 minutes to throw together, then this salad is for you!
This Five Minute Salad consists of bunches of mixed greens, tomato, white beans, basil and goat cheese. It’s tossed in a simple Dijon- balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Five Minute Salad – that’s it!
I’m so happy with salads like this one. Sometimes you just don’t have time to prepare much for lunch or dinner. A Five Minute Salad recipe sure does come in handy when you want something delicious, but you’re either super busy or lazy as can be!
If you’re a goat cheese lover, you’ll really love this salad. I’ve heard that you’re either a goat-cheese-lover or not. That tangy flavor that goat cheese adds to a salad is unbeatable. It has secured a permanent spot in my cheese drawer. Though it can be pricey, Costco sells a BIG log of it for about $4.99. Of course if you’re adverse to goat cheese, you can always sub another fave in its place- like feta cheese (if you must).
You can certainly dress up this Five Minute Salad with a little grilled chicken, if you’d like. And I sneak in some avocado once in a while too.
If you’re looking for more good salad recipes, you might also enjoy my Waldorf Salad and this Strawberry Fields Salad. Triple Berry Salad with Sugared Almonds, Avocado- Pine Nut Salad, and this BLT Caesar Salad are delicious salad choices too!
5 Minute Salad with Goat Cheese, Basil and White Beans
Such a delicious, easy salad recipe!
- 8 cups mixed salad greens (or a 12-ounce bag)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups pear or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
Place the greens into a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle the dressing over greens and toss.
For a nice, clean look to each salad, divide the greens onto 4 plates. Top each with about 7 tomatoes, 1/4 cup beans and 2 tablespoons goat cheese. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
- *WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS PER SERVING: 6
- *To go the quicker route, toss all salad ingredients together. It just won't be quite as pretty.