If you’re looking for a Five Minute Salad— meaning a salad that literally only takes 5 minutes to throw together, then this salad is for you!
I’m so happy with salads like this one. Sometimes you just don’t have time to prepare much for lunch or dinner. A Five Minute Salad recipe sure does come in handy when you want something delicious, but you’re either super busy or lazy as can be!
This recipe was created by Ellie Krieger. This recipe comes from Ellie Krieger’s The Food You Crave cookbook. It’s truly one of my favorite cookbooks, whether I’m eating healthy or not. I love her recipes, and I have all of her healthy cookbooks!
Ingredients needed for Five Minute Salad:
- mixed salad greens
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- cherry tomatoes
- canned white beans
- goat cheese
- fresh basil
How to make this salad:
It couldn’t be any easier to make this salad, and it takes just 5 minutes. You’ll put mixed greens in a bowl. Then you’ll combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and a little salt and pepper to make the dressing.
The dressing is then tossed with the greens.
For a nice, clean look for serving, you can divide the greens between four bowls and then top each with tomatoes, cheese, beans and basil. You can opt to toss everything together if you want, but it will be kind of messy looking and each serving won’t get the same amount of goodies served on top.
If you’re a goat cheese lover, you’ll really love this salad. I’ve heard that you’re either a goat-cheese-lover or not. That tangy flavor that goat cheese adds to a salad is unbeatable. It has secured a permanent spot in my cheese drawer. Though it can be pricey, Costco sells a BIG log of it for about $4.99. Of course if you’re adverse to goat cheese, you can always sub another fave in its place- like feta cheese (if you must).
You can certainly dress up this Five Minute Salad with a little grilled chicken, if you’d like. And I sneak in some avocado once in a while too.
If you’re looking for more good salad recipes, you might also enjoy my Waldorf Salad and this Strawberry Fields Salad. Triple Berry Salad with Sugared Almonds, Avocado- Pine Nut Salad, and this BLT Caesar Salad are delicious salad choices too!
Five Minute Salad with Goat Cheese, Basil and White Beans
- 8 cups mixed salad greens (or a 12-ounce bag)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups pear or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Place the greens into a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle the dressing over greens and toss.
- For a nice, clean look to each salad, divide the greens onto 4 plates. Top each with about 7 tomatoes, 1/4 cup beans and 2 tablespoons goat cheese. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
- *To go the quicker route, toss all salad ingredients together. It just won't be quite as pretty.
- You can reduce the WW points by reducing the amount of olive oil and/or cheese in the recipe.