This Glazed Chicken Drumsticks recipe is so easy to make, and it’s always a big hit with families.
How to Make Baked Chicken Legs:
Chicken drumsticks (legs) are an inexpensive cut of chicken to buy at the store. But a lot of people are a little weary of drumsticks because they’re not sure how to make them. Baked chicken legs are incredibly easy to make. You just need a good marinade!
This glazed chicken drumsticks recipe calls for ingredients that make up a very simple but delicious marinade. Soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, a small amount of oil, ground ginger and salt and pepper make up the marinade. The marinade is combined with the chicken legs (remove the skin or leave it on- it’s up to you). You’ll let the chicken marinate for one hour.
How Long to Cook Chicken Legs in the Oven:
Your marinated chicken legs will bake for 50 to 60 minutes in a 375 degree oven. You’ll know they’re done when you pierce them with a fork and find that they’re tender and juicy.
It might seem like a long time to wait for your chicken to be done, but it’s actually a gift. This will give you time to prepare the rest of your meal!
I suggest serving glazed chicken drumsticks with potatoes and vegetables. If you’re eating low carb, serve it with a salad. And if you’re following the Weight Watchers Freestyle Points program, each drumstick is counted as 4 points.
If you’re looking for recipes to complete this chicken dinner, you might consider making my Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes or this Romaine and Broccoli Salad. Green Bean Gratin would also be a great pairing with these chicken drumsticks.
Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 pounds (14) chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the drumsticks with water, and pat them dry with paper towels. Place them in a large, ungreased baking dish. If you are preparing this as a Weight Watchers recipe, or if you prefer not to eat the skin-- remove the skin before marinating.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the drumsticks. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lift the drumsticks with tongs onto a rack set above a broiler pan that has been lined with aluminum foil. Brush the drumsticks with the sauce remaining in the baking pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the drumsticks are tender when pierced with a fork.
- If counting WW points, skin should be removed, then marinated.
- *If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of chili sauce and soy sauce that are known to be GF.