This Glazed Chicken Drumsticks recipe is so easy to make, and it’s always a big hit with families.
How to Make Baked Chicken Legs:
Chicken drumsticks (legs) are an inexpensive cut of chicken to buy at the store. A lot of people are a little weary of drumsticks because they’re not sure how to make them. Baked chicken legs are incredibly easy to make. You just need a good marinade!
This glazed chicken drumsticks recipe calls for ingredients that make up a very simple but delicious marinade. Soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, a small amount of oil, ground ginger and salt and pepper make up the marinade. The marinade is combined with the chicken legs (remove the skin or leave it on – it’s up to you). You’ll let the chicken marinate for one hour.
How Long to Cook Chicken Legs in the Oven:
Your marinated chicken legs will bake for 50 to 60 minutes in a 375 degree oven. You’ll know they’re done when you pierce them with a fork and find that they’re tender and juicy.
It might seem like a long time to wait for your chicken to be done, but it’s actually a gift. This will give you time to prepare the rest of your meal!
I suggest serving glazed chicken drumsticks with potatoes and vegetables. If you’re eating low carb, serve it with a salad. If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
If you’re looking for recipes to complete this chicken dinner, you might consider making my Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes or this Romaine and Broccoli Salad. Green Bean Gratin would also be a great pairing with these chicken drumsticks.
Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 pounds (about 14) chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the drumsticks with water, and pat them dry with paper towels. Place them in a large, ungreased baking dish. If you are preparing this as a Weight Watchers recipe, or if you prefer not to eat the skin, remove the skin before marinating.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the drumsticks. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375℉. Lift the drumsticks with tongs onto a rack set above a broiler pan that has been lined with aluminum foil. Brush the drumsticks with the sauce remaining in the baking pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the drumsticks are tender when pierced with a fork.
- If counting WW points, skin should be removed, then marinated.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of chili sauce and soy sauce that are known to be GF.