These glazed Strawberry Lemon Streusel Muffins are delicious. It’s always fun to have breakfast muffins around!
Let me describe these muffins for you. They’re muffins filled with freshly chopped sweet strawberries in a cinnamony-lemony batter. And they’re topped with a simple lemony, sweet glaze. I’ve been craving strawberry muffins lately, and these strawberry lemon streusel muffins are now my new favorite! Better double the batch (the recipe makes 12) because they disappear quickly!
- chopped pecans
- light brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- ground cinnamon
- white sugar
- baking powder and salt
- fresh strawberries
- lemon zest and lemon juice
- powdered sugar
How to make Glazed Strawberry Lemon Streusel Muffins:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The first step is making the streusel topping. Combine all ingredients for the streusel and stir until crumbly. Set aside.
The next step is making the muffin batter. Preheat oven to 375°F. and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I love how the lemon streusel bakes right into the top of the strawberry muffins! Remove the muffins from the pan. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
The final step is making the lemon glaze. Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the glaze onto the warm muffins, allowing it to soak in and create a delicious coating. Store these strawberry lemon streusel muffins at room temperature for up to 4 days. Line an airtight container or large zip baggie with paper towel and store the muffins in a single layer. Enjoy!
How to freeze muffins:
After your muffins are completely cooled, place them on a baking sheet and pop that into the freezer until all of the muffins are frozen. Then move the frozen muffins to an airtight freezer baggie (squeeze out any excess air), and then place that baggie in another freezer zip baggie. This helps to prevent freezer burn and dryness. To enjoy a frozen muffin, just take it out of the freezer and either let it defrost or microwave it for a few seconds. Freeze muffins for up to three months.
The Best Fruit Muffin Recipes:
- Apple Fritter Muffins
- Raspberry Muffins
- Bakery Style Mixed Berry Muffins
- Maple Drizzled Apple Muffins
- Whole Grain Blackberry Spice Muffins
Glazed Strawberry Lemon Streusel Muffins
LEMON STREUSEL TOPPING:
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
MAKE THE STREUSEL:
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the streusel; stir until crumbly. Set aside.
MAKE THE MUFFIN BATTER:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg until well blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in the strawberries and lemon zest.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the lemon streusel evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
ADD THE GLAZE:
- Combine sugar and lemon juice in small bowl, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Drizzle the glaze over the tops of the warm muffins. Serve warm, or cool completely.