Low Fat Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins are a good muffin to make when you’re trying to eat a little bit lighter.
I love this recipe because it’s a muffin recipe I can always whip up without going to the store. It’s made of simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry and fridge. Besides your regular baking supplies, you’ll need Greek yogurt, butter, milk, egg and strawberry jam.
How to make Low Fat Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins:
Mix the batter. Put half of the batter in the muffin cups. Then top with a little bit of all-fruit strawberry jam.
Add the remaining batter on top of the jam, and then sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon/sugar on top.
What makes these muffins lighter than the average muffin?
This is not your typical, decadent muffin recipe that tastes like cake. It’s lighter for sure. There’s only 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup butter in the whole recipe. The addition of Greek yogurt helps keep them moist. And a spoonful of strawberry jam in the middles of the muffins is what provides the burst of flavor in the muffins.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Program:
This is a muffin that is Weight Watchers friendly. If you’re following the Freestyle program, one muffin will count for 6 WW Freestyle points. If you’re not on the WW program, then you can just plan to enjoy a lighter-style muffin.
Here are a few more muffin recipes you might like to try:
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Pumpkin- Cream Cheese Muffins
- Great Grains Muffins
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Whole Grain Blackberry Spice Muffins
- Glazed Orange Muffins
- Apple Fritter Muffins
Low Fat Strawberry Cinnamon Muffins
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all fruit strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Top each with 1 teaspoon of jam. Top evenly with the remaining batter. Combine the sugar and cinnnamon; sprinkle over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan; place on a wire rack. Store muffins in a covered container. They are best eaten within a day or two.