These Goat Cheese Tarts look very elegant and pretty, but they are so easy to make!
Plan to make these for a gathering of friends. They are cute appetizers, but they are also a nice addition to a dinner party alongside soup or salad.
Melted goat cheese is baked up in a piece of puff pastry, with a hint of fresh basil tucked in there too.
Goat Cheese Tarts
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 8 ounces goat cheese (two 4-ounce logs)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 sprigs fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, cut pastry into 6 equal portions. Roll each portion into 6x6-inch square. Cut each cheese log into 3 equal portions.
- Arrange each cheese portion on pastry square. Brush edges of pastry with the egg. Draw the sides of the pastry up to form a pyramid. Press edges together halfway up the sides, leaving the center open. Tuck a sprig of basil into the center of each tart.
- Arrange tarts on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese softens and pastry is golden brown and puffed. Serve warm.
Here are a few more goat cheese appetizers you might enjoy:
- Goat Cheese and Avocado Toast by Love & Olive Oil
- Grilled Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese by Recipe Girl
- Herb and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms by The Roasted Root
- Potato Chips with Goat Cheese, Pepper Jelly and Bacon by Recipe Girl