Here’s a dinner recipe my family went crazy for: Grilled Pork Burrito Bowls with Avocado- Lime Crema
Do you love Mexican food? Do you crave it pretty much every day like I do?? If you’re into burritos, you’ll dig this deconstructed burrito recipe– where you’ll find all of the ingredients of a rockstar burrito… in a bowl instead. I do enjoy a classic burrito wrapped in a big ‘ol giant flour tortilla, but sometimes you just need to give your body a break from that sort of thing and go with a new flow.
This recipe is so easy to make. Take a peek at all of the ingredients pictured above. If there’s anything you’re not into, substitute it with something else. But these are all the ingredients that make this burrito bowl “rockstar,” so don’t change too much!
The pork used for the recipe is an already-marinated pork. You can use any brand. Or you can simply use a pork loin filet (about 2 pounds), and season it with some taco seasoning before grilling.
I speed up the grilling time by butterflying the pork tenderloin into one flat, thinner piece. It grills very quickly that way, and it turns out to be as juicy and flavorful as can be. Easy!
I pack these burrito bowls with our favorites: lettuce, tomato, cheese, black beans, rice and fresh salsa. They’re garnished with a lime for squeezing and a generous drizzle of a simple avocado- lime crema (basically, a jazzed-up guacamole).
You can include a few tortilla chips for dunking or eating too, if you have a family that demands that sort of thing (um…. my family!) Since this recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, that makes it a perfect weeknight dinner that is totally family friendly. Who doesn’t love burritos??
Grilled Pork Recipes:
- Grilled Pork and Peaches
- Grilled Pork Tacos with Tropical Slaw
- Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Sauce
Grilled Pork Burrito Bowls with Avocado Lime Crema
- 2 pounds Pork Loin Filet (marinated or plain- see notes below)
- 1 cup (dry) rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1⅓ cups shredded cheese
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 large lime, sliced into wedges
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (use a wedge from above)
- Prepare the pork: Take the pork loin out of the package. Butterfly the pork loin, cut it open down the middle to create a thinner full piece (see photos). Grill the pork loin until cooked through.
- While the pork is grilling, prepare the avocado-lime crema: Mix avocado, sour cream and lime juice in a bowl. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Assemble the burrito bowls: Divide the rice, lettuce, tomato, cheese and beans between four bowls. When the pork is finished grilling, chop it up and divide it between the bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with cilantro, a scoop of fresh salsa and garnish with a lime. Drizzle the avocado crema on top (scoop into a zip baggie, snip the edge and drizzle) or just serve a spoonful of the crema on each burrito bowl.
- The pork loin may be roasted instead of grilled.
- If using a plain pork loin, sprinkle a package of taco seasoning all over it to season.
- Change it up! Prepare a box of Spanish rice in place of regular white or brown rice, or try using quinoa instead.
This is my first recipe I am tried. It was pretty nice. I only made few modifications on the process of preparing. The method is easy to follow. The result was awesome. We all enjoyed this meal. I am glad that you posted this. I highly recommend it to all the readers. Thanks
I could eat Mexican food all day every day!! These bowls look super easy for a weeknight too!
LOVE pork on the grill. I am going to need to try this pork out ASAP, because I always forget to start a marinade early in the day. Problem solved!
I am a sucker for a delicious bowl!! I am all over this lime crema and pork!
These bowls look incredible! The pork loin is the perfect addition and I love that you topped them with avocado lime crema. I wish I had this for dinner.
I love how customizable these can be! The crema sounds wonderful!
This burrito bowl looks delicious! I love all the flavors going on in there!
Yay for burrito bowls! This one looks incredible! That avocado lime crema is calling my name!
We have been obsessed with rice bowls all summer long! I know my Hubby will love the idea of using grilled pork so I need to try this! Pinned!
I love anything in a bowl and love the ingredients/flavors in this one!
These bowls look like so much fun. My kids can pick what they want in their bowls to customize them 🙂
I could eat that crema from a spoon! These burrito bowls would be loved by my family, for certain.
Oh YUM! I love those pork tenderloins – they make such great easy dinners. And yay for grilling it!
These look fantastic and so healthy! Love this idea for weekend company!