This Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce is the perfect way to make pork in the summer months!
I’m sharing the wonderful pork tenderloin recipe that we grilled on our vacation a few years ago thanks to an old Oprah’s O Magazine: Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce. I’ve always been an Oprah fan, I rarely actually read the magazine but I would instead flip to the end where the recipes were. Oprah is known for loving food and the recipes in her magazine were usually pretty darn good. This recipe is no exception!
- jalapeño pepper
- fresh ginger
- lime juice
- dry mustard
- pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
Make the blueberry barbecue sauce:
The blueberry barbecue sauce in this recipe is made ahead and divided up. Combine the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 45 minutes. Divide the blueberry barbecue sauce between 2 bowls. One will be used for basting the pork while grilling, and one will be used to top the grilled pork when serving.
How to make Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
This Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce turns out perfect. It’s tender and moist and all that good stuff. The second half of the sauce is spooned on top. It’s a wonderful combination.
We serve it up with some freshly baked bread and corn on the cob- sometimes a green salad, and it makes a great summertime dinner. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for more summer grilling recipes, you might also enjoy my Grilled Cilantro Chicken or these Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowls. Grilled Sweet Potatoes, Grilled Corn Salad, and Honey Grilled Watermelon Caprese Salads are great grilling recipes too!
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce
- 6 cups blueberries
- ⅔ cup honey
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
PREPARE THE SAUCE:
- Combine the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 45 minutes. Divide the sauce between 2 bowls, and set aside.
PREPARE THE PORK:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Sear, turning to cook on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes. Brush with half of the barbecue sauce, turning frequently, until pork is thoroughly glazed, about 10 minutes more (a meat thermometer should read about 150°F). Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve crosswise, and serve with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of ketchup that is known to be GF.