This Grilled Corn Salad is clearly a favorite summer salad recipe. It’s full of all the great flavors of summer!
Watch the short video showing you how to create this Grilled Corn Salad recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the complete recipe so you can make it at home.
This Grilled Corn Salad recipe is one that is nice to serve when you have company around. I served it at a dinner party so many years ago, and it has been a favorite ever since.
Everyone loves good, sweet corn. So keep your eyes open for a sale on corn, and plan to make this recipe as soon as you can bring some home!
What are the ingredients in a Grilled Corn Salad?
You’ll need 5 to 6 ears of corn for this recipe. Chopped red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno are also added to the salad.
How to make Grilled Corn Salad:
The only cooking involved in this recipe is to grill the corn. No need to put anything on the corn at all, just remove the husks and place the cobs on a heated grill. Keep turning them every so often until there are a few good char marks here and there. Besides that, you’ll add fresh ingredients to the rest of the salad (the bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and jalapeño).
Don’t be afraid to add jalapeño. If you chop it finely, it’ll be dispersed throughout the salad and it won’t be spicy at all.
The dressing for this Grilled Corn Salad will probably seem kind of weird to you, but don’t fret– it works!
For the dressing, you’ll be combining light mayonnaise, rice vinegar, sugar, and the zest and juice of three limes. THREE! As you’re adding the lime zest and juice, you’re probably going to be second guessing this recipe and thinking there is way too much lime going into it. DON’T WORRY! It totally works. The result will be light and tangy lime vinaigrette. It totally works in this salad, and everyone seems to enjoy it as a unique salad recipe!
If you’re looking for more salads that are perfect for summer, try Watermelon, Feta and Arugula Salad or Greek Zucchini Salad. A Peach Panzanella Salad also looks amazing. And this all time summer favorite is my Avocado, Cucumber and Tomato Salad.
Grilled Corn Salad
- 5 ears corn on the cob, shucked
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 3 medium limes, zest & juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grill the corn, dry, no oil. Just grill it until you begin to get some char marks on the corn. Cut the kernels off of the corn after grilling and place them in a large bowl. Add the bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, lime zest and juice. Whisk to combine the dressing ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables (you may wish to dress the salad lightly and not use all of the dressing, so add a little and then assess if it needs more) and toss gently.
- *If preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, please make sure you are using a brand of mayonnaise that is known to be GF.
- * Flavors are better if you make this salad 12 to 24 hours ahead of time.