These Grilled Shiitake Skewers are the perfect summer side dish.
These are shiitake mushrooms that are brushed with herb butter while grilling. We like to throw these on the grill to serve these as a side dish to grilled meats in the summertime.
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Grilled Shiitake Skewers
- 24 whole Shiitake mushrooms (stems cut off)
- 6 bamboo skewers
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 5 medium garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- Heat grill.
- Run the skewer through the flat surface of each mushroom, place four mushrooms on each skewer.
- In small saucepan, combine butter, garlic and ginger and cook until butter melts and garlic sizzles (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and add chives and lemon juice. Brush mushrooms with the seasoned butter and grill until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- WW Points were calculated assuming that not all the butter sauce would remain on the skewers.