This Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Red Onion Jam is a perfectly delicious dinner recipe.
The Red Onion Jam is so delicious and so easy!! (Try adding a dash of white wine to your jam!)
Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Red Onion Jam
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 medium red onions (about 1 1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over low heat until melted. Add onions, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the water; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until water has evaporated and the onions are fork-tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Add pork and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small roasting pan.
- Meanwhile, combine rosemary, garlic, and oil in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over the tenderloin. Roast until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 1-inch slices. Spoon the onion jam over the pork.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/4th of the recipe) Calories: 315, Fat: 14.5g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Sugar: 2g, Fiber: 1.5g, Protein: 35g, Cholesterol: 114mg, Carbohydrates: 9.75g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 4, Points Plus Program: 8, Old Points Program: 7