Here is an easy recipe for Honey Molasses Chicken Drumsticks.
This is a great recipe to make for families with young kids. Kids definitely are drawn to the appeal of picking up drumsticks with their fingers. Finger foods are fun for kids!
Picky eaters tend to love these drumsticks. They’re covered with a simple glaze, and they’re delicious!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you will find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Here are a few more recipes for drumsticks you might enjoy:
Honey Molasses Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl; whisk together and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan, browning on all sides.
- Add honey mixture to pan, turning chicken to coat. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is done, turning chicken every 5 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional minute or until mixture is thick and darker color, and the chicken is well coated. Remove from heat; serve immediately, or cool before refrigerating.
- Nifty tip: Before measuring out your honey, spray your measuring spoon with nonstick spray. The honey won't stick to the spoon and it will slide right off!